Fanning 1/2/09 with Konvicted & Jonathan with a R142 bonus

2 Train Master

Why are you using flash in the subway?

Well some were by accident I didn't realize I had flash on,some were on purpose because some stations like Jamaica Center were dim thats why I used flash.Ok I know its illegal but I looked around to see if there were cops ok kaput.

The rst of the pics will be uploaded in a bit.Upcoming bonuse$$ R142

Nice but dont use flash..

-Illegal underground or system

-Makes pictures look bad sometimes

-Can flash someone

And steady the shots for better results.. And may a lens clean ;)!

Thats something I didn't do clean my lens I never do that but I'mma start.

Yes I know its illegal but in some spots you just gotta use it because the station(s) are dim I know its used alot @ 207 and 190th on the (A) and the lower level on the (J)

Yes I know its illegal but in some spots you just gotta use it because the station(s) are dim I know its used alot @ 207 and 190th on the (A) and the lower level on the (J)

Not true and not anywheres. If a cop or worker sees a flash.. Boy you better go..

What i do for low light is..

Lower Aperture, slightly bring the Shutter speed to like (1/13) and put the ISO at 100 or 200..

If its a speedy shot, i go with ISO400, Shutter 1/25(Depend son light) and leave aperture at same...

Thats for low light btw!

I won't flash if I see a cop around thats just stupid if you purpously do it.But 9x/10 I flash because the station is dim and the previous pic I took was extremly dark.I always do that take the pic with no flash and if its dark & safe *no cops or mta employees*around I use flash.Thanks I'll use that tip for the light

I won't flash if I see a cop around thats just stupid if you purpously do it.But 9x/10 I flash because the station is dim and the previous pic I took was extremly dark.I always do that take the pic with no flash and if its dark & safe *no cops or mta employees*around I use flash.Thanks I'll use that tip for the light

There is cameras inthe platform of course, but sometimes they wont care, othertimes they do..

You can take my advice too..

Gl and happy photography!

Using flash can still make your pics come out bad because it can make one part of the picture come out very bright and the rest of the picture very dark. In order to combat that problem all you have to do is set the ISO to 400 or higher (200 also works) so the pic doesn't come out blurry. If lighting is a problem then you can just bump up the exposure. Also flash is generally for non-reflective surfaces in order to avoid that white blot on your photos.

Nice pics, but I would recommend working on the focus as a lot of the pics came out unfocused. I also know this is hard but try so that things (i.e. poles, people, other structures) don't get in the way of the pic. This usually requires a different position or a different timing of the shot. Otherwise, good job. :tup:

Using flash can still make your pics come out bad because it can make one part of the picture come out very bright and the rest of the picture very dark. In order to combat that problem all you have to do is set the ISO to 400 or higher (200 also works) so the pic doesn't come out blurry. If lighting is a problem then you can just bump up the exposure. Also flash is generally for non-reflective surfaces in order to avoid that white blot on your photos.

Nice pics, but I would recommend working on the focus as a lot of the pics came out unfocused. I also know this is hard but try so that things (i.e. poles, people, other structures) don't get in the way of the pic. This usually requires a different position or a different timing of the shot. Otherwise, good job. :tup:

Pretty much everything I was thinking except the ISO part...underground you'll want at least ISO 800. 200 is out of the question for hand-held underground shots (completely my opinion).

Pretty much everything I was thinking except the ISO part...underground you'll want at least ISO 800. 200 is out of the question for hand-held underground shots (completely my opinion).

True! 200 is my main for steady shots. 80/100 for a when i want a shot of a moving object or for night(100).

You can use 400 of course, but you will need to grab the train a bit far from you or it will blur. I use that sometimes..

800 i dont like much since all that noise pops out. I only use that if i want it not to be shaky or when its very low light outside. 1600 to 6400 which mine has , i dont use. (I can only use 3200/6400 on 3MP)

A still photo has three basic parameters to it: shutter speed, aperture and ISO speed. These three parameters can be altered in such ways that the values will be different, but the photograph will still be exposed properly.

Assuming the aperture is staying constant in this scenario: f/4; a shutter speed of 1/100s and ISO 200 will produce a photograph with "proper" exposure. What happens if we choose an ISO of 100 (again, aperture is constant)? After all, a slower ISO speed will call for increased exposure time, meaning our shutter speed will have to slower...in this case it would have to be 1/50s (1/50s is one whole stop of increased exposure from 1/100s while ISO 100 is one whole stop of decreased exposure from ISO 200).

If you take a photo of a moving car at 1/50s and 1/100s, the photo at 1/50s will result in more blur than the one at 1/100s. Why? The shutter has been open for a longer period of time.

Davids' photo of the motion blurred train was taken at a slower shutter speed than his other shots of frozen moving trains.

No.. Like Davids:

David is using a SLR. The aperture was open for 3.200 seconds, that's how he got the light trail, not because of the ISO. You can see that he put the camera on something because you won't be getting a sharp picture doing 3 seconds while holding it.

Archived