New Year's Eve railfanning (finally!)

LRG

It's about dang time I upload my footage from New Year's Eve, so here we go:

After taking forever to get to Jamaica - 179th Street (on Hempstead Avenue, all buses stopped moving completely, and I had to walk along Francis Lewis Boulevard up to Hillside before we got on another bus), I went to 42nd Street on the (F) and then got on an R62A (7) train, took that to Times Square, then went to Woodside - 61st Street...

...before I got on another (7) train heading back to Manhattan:

I got off at 45th Road - Court House Square:

Then I met up with a couple of friends and went busfanning (this will come in the bus forum and I'll link that to here). But before we went busfanning, I snagged a couple train shots form street level:

01-2.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

09-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

After busfanning, we went to the Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets station, and we did not have to wait any more than a minute for the following, because after an R32 (C) went out, we were greeted by this:

36.jpg

And the best part was that it headed to Far Rock!

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Then we departed the 32 (A) at Broadway Junction to catch it's sibling SMEE, the R42:

41.jpg

After waiting a while at Broadway Junction (we got there a little after 6 and missed the last (Z) train of the evening, which was an R42), we caught a 42 (J) one heading to Manhattan, but it got late extremely fast!

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

After getting off at Jamaica Center, I called it a day and went back to my cousins' house in Nassau County.

That's all for now! Hope everyone's enjoying 2010 so far!

Archived