Mega Bus Reservation Question

FamousNYLover

I have a question regardding Mega Bus reservation. If I apply reservation online for DC Trip with 3 people roundtrip using GETAWAY, can you paid ticket on bus.

I was just wondering.

If you know, please help.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yuki do you have a bank account? Or debit/credit card? I think you must pre-paid megabus or boltbus in advance online using either a debit(bank card) or credit card. Then you print the receipt and show to driver when you board. Its first come first serve.

If you want to pay cash in person to go to DC or Boston, there Greyhound at Port Authority but it more $$. I been on Bolt Bus once which is owned by Greyhound. Maybe someone like Forest Glen can confirm if you can also pay at time you leaving.

Go to these sites as well to check.

http://WWW.Megabus.com

http://WWW.BoltBus.Com

FYI. You better off traveling during weekday not weekend to get lower fares.

Yuki, quick answer is no you cannot reserve online and then pay at the bus. The only two options you would have is to go the ticket window on 31st @ 8th Avenue and purchase tickets with a cash fare from them at the prevailing rate at that time or purchase tickets online with a credit/debit card. And yes, you can book tockets in advance from them, but they will not offer you the promotional fare.

Mega does not accept walk-up fares on any of its services - however, with Bolt they do offer the option of walk-up fares, the rate is $25 per person based on availability of seats on the schedule.

To add, that promotion for the free tickets under "GETAWAY" has ended unofficially - they do not have any tickets available at that rate at this time.

Thank you, ML111.

I might try different bus.

Does anyone know how to contact New Century Travel Inc via email?

Their emails are not working.

Yuki maybe it time to ask your mom to open a bank account and have a bank (debit)card with mastercard/visa. Most Airlines for instance require a bank/debit or credit card to purchase their tickets online or through the phone. Maybe In near future, there maybe no more dollar bills/coins and everything is done via cards.

Plus Yuki why travel with those 'bootleg' buses like New Century and others based in Chinatown? Not trying to sound rude or mean but have you not heard on news about the numermous accidents they had over last few years alone.:eek::confused:

Yuki maybe it time to ask your mom to open a bank account and have a bank (debit)card with mastercard/visa. Most Airlines for instance require a bank/debit or credit card to purchase their tickets online or through the phone. Maybe In near future, there maybe no more dollar bills/coins and everything is done via cards.

Plus Yuki why travel with those 'bootleg' buses like New Century and others based in Chinatown? Not trying to sound rude or mean but have you not heard on news about the numermous accidents they had over last few years alone.:eek::confused:

It's very easy to open up a Capital One account. Everyone over the age of 21 needs a credit or debit card.

Thank you everyone.

My mom going to buy me and my friend MegaBus tickets via online for 6:40am NYP and 11:59pm DC departure on Sat, Feb. 6th because Fri it look like rain, but not sure yet.

My friend does not know English, so he even doesn't know how to order at McDonald's or at restaurant.

Is this possible no one will take bus at these times?

I will take pic of buses in DC, Baltimore and Philly.

Yuki,

Although you may not get the regular crowds that you would find on a Megabus on the weekends, there will be at least a few people. You will probably have a better time getting the first row seats on the upper level of the DD if they are running them on those particular schedules.

Thank you everyone.

My mom going to buy me and my friend MegaBus tickets via online for 6:40am NYP and 11:59pm DC departure on Sat, Feb. 6th because Fri it look like rain, but not sure yet.

My friend does not know English, so he even doesn't know how to order at McDonald's or at restaurant.

Is this possible no one will take bus at these times?

I will take pic of buses in DC, Baltimore and Philly.

The 6:40 departure is actually the most crowded bus (based on my experience). The emptier buses are the midday departure. Print out the confirmation number. A guy will check it before you board the bus. In order to get the busfan seat, get there at least 20 minutes ahead of time. The Baltimore stop is at White Marsh. You'll need to take the local bus there to get to downtown DC. If you want I can list a few photo stops and tourist attractions in DC.

Thanks everyone.

I got 6:40am departure NYP and 11:59pm DC departure on Friday, Feb. 5th.

My mom bought it.

New York Penn Station to Washington, DC.

31st st/8th Av (NY Penn Station (NJT), LIRR, Amtrak)

Departs 6:40am.

Honeygo Blvd & Mercantile Rd, White Marsh, Baltimore, MD

Arrives/Departs 10:00am

H St NW Parking Lot bet. 9th & 10th Sts NW, Washington, DC

Arrives 11:00am

Washington DC to 28th St (1)/late night (2)

Departs 11:59am

Arrives/Departs: 12:55am

Philadelphia-30th St Station :septa:/AMTRAK

Arrives/Departs: 2:40am

7th Av/28th St (1)(2)

Arrives 4:40am

Yuki, I hope you have fun on your "adventure" this Friday to and from DC. Just to let you know that you probably will not have the chance to take any pics of SEPTA vehicles in Philly during your return schedule - usually the only buses running in the 30th Street area at that time are the MFL Night OWL buses.

Yuki, I recommend the following places in Washington DC:

Washington Monument-Blue or Orange line to Smithsonian

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum-Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange line to L'Enfant Plaza

Union Station-Red line to Union Station

White House-Red line to Farragut North, walk five blocks south. There are signs that will show you how to get there

Pentagon City Mall-Blue or Yellow to Pentagon City (take the Yellow. It goes over a bridge over the Potomac River)

If you want to take photos of the DC Metro, the best places are the outdoor stations. Here's some of my favorite stations to take pics:

New Carrolton (Orange line). Amtrak and MARC also stops here

Silver Spring (Red line)

Largo Town Center (Blue line). This is the nicest looking DC Metro station

East Falls Church (Orange line). The Orange line runs in the middle of a highway

Ronald Reagan National Airport (Blue and Yellow line). This station has a 3rd track and it's right next to the Airport

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Have fun!

Yuki, I hope you have fun on your "adventure" this Friday to and from DC. Just to let you know that you probably will not have the chance to take any pics of SEPTA vehicles in Philly during your return schedule - usually the only buses running in the 30th Street area at that time are the MFL Night OWL buses.

How about BSL OWL?

One more question.

What route MegaBus mostly used toward Baltimore, DC, then DC to Baltimore to Philly to NY?

Towards DC/Baltimore:

31st to 10th Avenue, 10th Avenue to 41st into Tunnel Approach - up 495 helix into NJ Turnpike South, then Turnpike into 95 South down to the White Marsh exit - then back on 95 South into the 295 South interchange, then 295 South down into the DC area, then 50 West into New York Avenue, then via local streets into the Parking Lot on 10th & G.

Towards NY:

Reverse trip, except in Delaware past the Christiana Exit, your bus will take 95 North, which goes through Wilmington, the Airport and into University City - Philadelphia via 76 West into the 30th Street Station exit (345) - from 30th Street, you will take 676 East over the Ben Franklin, then 30 East into 38 East up through Cherry Hill, before getting to 73 East and then the Turnpike.

Among a few unnoted places you will pass are the Academy/Daimler facility and the Peter Pan/BoltBus facility in Secaucus, NJ and the Peter Pan/BoltBus facility in Tuxedo, MD. All three are on the right side of the bus going south.

Thanks everyone.

I got 6:40am departure NYP and 11:59pm DC departure on Friday, Feb. 5th.

My mom bought it.

New York Penn Station to Washington, DC.

31st st/8th Av (NY Penn Station (NJT), LIRR, Amtrak)

Departs 6:40am.

Arrives/Departs 10:00am

Arrives 11:00am

Washington DC to 28th St (1)/late night (2)

Departs 11:59am

Arrives/Departs: 12:55am

Philadelphia-30th St Station :septa:/AMTRAK

Arrives/Departs: 2:40am

7th Av/28th St (1)(2)

Arrives 4:40am

Yuki if i were you i would cancel the trip for tommorow and reschedule. The DC area may get another blizzard up to 2 feet and you maybe stuck there.

:P:confused:

Archived