Winter 2010 Service Changes effective February 15 2010

Articulated450

There will be following services changes for this winter 2010

below are the following

Route 1X

Extended sevice from westchester coummunity college to westchester medical center.

Route 12

Discontinue all service between armonk and jefferson valley.

Route 13B

Discontinue weekday rush hour service on the benedict ave. branch.

Route 15X

Re-route service from the taconic state parkway to local roads.

Route 40

add weekday service between white plains and westchester community college.

Route BxM4C

Discontinue service to wall street and reduce rush hour service between westchester and mid-town manhattan.

AirLink

Discontinue of route.

Ugh, ppl take the 12 to Jefferson Valley Mall. I loved how they put that cut in there without any hearing at all. (MTA) would've at least held hearings. Maybe time to look into an (MTA) takeover of Bee-Line.

That route carries very few passengers, and so I can see why it is being cut. I can understand all of them except for the 13B.

However, to me, the 12 should have been retained to Mount Kisco at least to allow for a connection to Northern Westchester Hospital.

That route carries very few passengers, and so I can see why it is being cut. I can understand all of them except for the 13B.

However, to me, the 12 should have been retained to Mount Kisco at least to allow for a connection to Northern Westchester Hospital.

Most of all I have a problem with the short notice and no hearing. Isnt it illegal to cut service without a hearing first?

I disagree that few riders took the 12, I've never been the only one on the 12 bus, often we'll pick up or drop off along the way to the mall. I better ride it soon before its gone! Its not like these ppl have alternative transportation. I guess Bee-Line could care less about having a decent route network. Even though it dont run on Sundays Suffolk Transit has a better route network than the northern part of Westchester, even though many parts of Suffolk as just as, if not more, rural. As others have said, it seems north of I-287 is a no-mans land for buses.

I can see why it's (the 12) being cutback also.... my question is though, why Armonk? Seems so arbitrary... Yeah, if anything, it'd make more sense to cut it back to Mt. Kisco... that way you have a connection w/ the 19 (that currently short turns there) if you need to pan out west.. or the 15, if you need service toward Peekskill or towards White Plains....

To pinepowerli/johnqpine, people aren't taking 12's to that mall like you're trying to convey that they are... there's a reason why there were only a select # of runs that went the full route to Jefferson Valley... You don't have to be the only one on the bus for ridership on a particular part of a route to be considered low.... and stop comparing long island to westchester....

Anyway, good to hear that they're adding service on the 40 in that direction.... thing is though, they should also add 1 or 2 more trips throughout the day in the opposite direction - towards the Bronx...

lol @ discontinuing AirLink.... prime example of an idea that looked good on paper, that went awry... those buses be bone empty throughout the day, and weekends, pfft....

I didn't even know there was a 15x... they may as well convert that/those runs to regular 15 service... if that's what that service alteration is implying....

I can also see why they want to cutback the 2 or 3 runs on the Bxm4c to/from Lower Manhattan... the PM trips, those buses left lwr. manhattan too early & barely anyone used it as a result... The travel pattern in this regard is that ppl. are taking the BxM18 to (25th/26th) & Madison av, for a connection to all the expresses that originate in that general area - one of which is that of "regular" BxM4C service....

Regardless of what I think, thanks for notifying us about these changes...

Why not just extend the 15 to the Jefferson Valley Mall then? That 16 gets PACKED between the mall and Cortlandt, SRO. Its gonna now be worse w/o the 12. The 12 has been running that route for years, now they decide to cut it. Remember once a route is gone its gone for good.

The Airlink, like the JFK Flyer, was a failure, looked good on paper but didnt work out, not gonna miss that route.

And lastly, even though I rarely defend them, day laborers use the 12 north of Armonk for the country clubs. Now how are they supposed to get to work?

Its not just the mall riders being screwed but a whole chunk of Westchester now going without bus service.

Mt.Kisco does make more sense as at least you can connect with the 19 there.

I will go for one last ride on the 12 for sure. With it ending at Armonk I'll have no use for it anymore.

I can see why it's (the 12) being cutback also.... my question is though, why Armonk? Seems so arbitrary... Yeah, if anything, it'd make more sense to cut it back to Mt. Kisco... that way you have a connection w/ the 19 (that currently short turns there) if you need to pan out west.. or the 15, if you need service toward Peekskill or towards White Plains....

To pinepowerli/johnqpine, people aren't taking 12's to that mall like you're trying to convey that they are... there's a reason why there were only a select # of runs that went the full route to Jefferson Valley... You don't have to be the only one on the bus for ridership on a particular part of a route to be considered low.... and stop comparing long island to westchester....

Anyway, good to hear that they're adding service on the 40 in that direction.... thing is though, they should also add 1 or 2 more trips throughout the day in the opposite direction - towards the Bronx...

lol @ discontinuing AirLink.... prime example of an idea that looked good on paper, that went awry... those buses be bone empty throughout the day, and weekends, pfft....

I didn't even know there was a 15x... they may as well convert that/those runs to regular 15 service... if that's what that service alteration is implying....

I can also see why they want to cutback the 2 or 3 runs on the Bxm4c to/from Lower Manhattan... the PM trips, those buses left lwr. manhattan too early & barely anyone used it as a result... The travel pattern in this regard is that ppl. are taking the BxM18 to (25th/26th) & Madison av, for a connection to all the expresses that originate in that general area - one of which is that of "regular" BxM4C service....

Regardless of what I think, thanks for notifying us about these changes...

Why not just extend the 15 to the Jefferson Valley Mall then? That 16 gets PACKED between the mall and Cortlandt, SRO. Its gonna now be worse w/o the 12. The 12 has been running that route for years, now they decide to cut it. Remember once a route is gone its gone for good.

The Airlink, like the JFK Flyer, was a failure, looked good on paper but didnt work out, not gonna miss that route.

And lastly, even though I rarely defend them, day laborers use the 12 north of Armonk for the country clubs. Now how are they supposed to get to work?

Its not just the mall riders being screwed but a whole chunk of Westchester now going without bus service.

Mt.Kisco does make more sense as at least you can connect with the 19 there.

I will go for one last ride on the 12 for sure. With it ending at Armonk I'll have no use for it anymore.

You are absolutely right about the 16... that route does pickup quite heavy.... However, I don't see how it's riders correlate w/ that of riders of the 12... most those riders (16) live in Peekskill... ppl. coming off 12's for the 16 makes up a miniscule amt. of the percentage of unique route 16 riders....

and lmfao... after all the videos you have on your channel about these people - are you seriously on here making a case for day laborers riding public buses? Is this what it's come to? I don't care about day laborers, especially the illegal ones (which are those you find out there landscaping out in the more serene part of the county anyway)... let them go out & find gainful employment elsewhere... Clear as day (pun unintended) you are reaching for reasons to want to keep that route around for your own selfish reasons... If the locals/residents along that portion of the route aren't using 12's north of Mt Kisco (which is rather residential before it gets to jeff. valley mall) enough to keep it around, then why have it around?... Cutting it back south of Mt. Kisco, to Armonk, yes, I think that's a mistake.... I don't agree w/ that either, but it is what it is.....

You can't extend the 15 b/c it goes in the opposite direction of Jefferson valley Mall towards Peekskill... it currently parallels the 12 up until Crompond rd.... hell, the northbound 15 usually tanks out @ Cortlandt town ctr, but it still gets some usage in Peekskill (that is, if it arrives before the 14), for ppl. heading towards White Plains.... the 16 connects w/ the 15 @ cortlandt town ctr anyway, so there's no point of having 15's pan out north, and east of it's current routing to Jefferson valley mall....

Yeah, probably next saturday, I'll catch that 10/10:30 (am) run on the 12... I've been meaning to ride the 16 to the mahopac vill. shopping ctr. ever since it recently got extended there....

Agreed. Or to Yorktown Heights for connection with the #15 and #19(to Kantonah)

During rush hours, JV and Carmel riders still have the #77 express. I guess that why a public hearing was not held since those riders still have the #16 or #77.

For guys like JohnQ to try to save the #12 this is where you can send a typed letter to.

Westchester County Department of Transportation

Bee Line Bus Service

C/O Honorable Lawrence Salley

Commissioner

100 East 1st Street

Mt. Vernon, NY, 10550

Hope this is hopefully.

There will be following services changes for this winter 2010

below are the following

Route 1X

Extended sevice from westchester coummunity college to westchester medical center.

Route 12

Discontinue all service between armonk and jefferson valley.

Route 13B

Discontinue weekday rush hour service on the benedict ave. branch.

Route 15X

Re-route service from the taconic state parkway to local roads.

Route 40

add weekday service between white plains and westchester community college.

Route BxM4C

Discontinue service to wall street and reduce rush hour service between westchester and mid-town manhattan.

AirLink

Discontinue of route.

Archived