The Top 11 Subway Systems Around The World

EE Broadway Local

These are Virgin Vacations top 11 subway systems around the world. Maybe a bit of a surprise but our subway (number 7) is the only United States subway and Montreal's Metro (number 8) is the only other North American subway to make Virgin's list.

Top 11 Subways And Photo/Video Of Each System: http://www.virgin-vacations.com/11-top-underground-transit-systems-in-the-world.aspx

Brian Weinberg took the picture for the London Tube...barf

For the most part, I agree with the list. However, the NYC Subway didn't deserve to be on the list The DC Metro, BART, and even the T are superior systems. The system in Taipei deserved to make the list.

Brian Weinberg took the picture for the London Tube...barf

For the most part, I agree with the list. However, the NYC Subway didn't deserve to be on the list The DC Metro, BART, and even the T are superior systems. The system in Taipei deserved to make the list.

I also surprised Toronto's TTC subway did not make it the list.

On that list i only been on almost all of the major US/Canada and London's "Tube" aka Underground subways.

I not been to Asia yet and London is only places outside North America i been to so far.

Here my list of best subway systems i been on to date.

1)San Francisco-Oakland BART. Maybe the best in North America.

2)Washington DC Metro-I agree with Mr Wilson it's the best in the US.

3)London-I been on it once on a family trip to London when i was 12 years old. Got to ride it again but the only negatives are the seats are much smaller than in the US and second the services run only until Midnight.

I hope for the 2012 Olympics they run it 24/7.

3)NYC (MTA) Subway-Despite it's many issues, i agree with Virgin to be ranked in world's top15 mainly for it's frequent service and trains running 24/7.

4)Chicago "CTA" subways and el.-Good system overall but not running 24/7 and many smaller stations closed on weekends/overnights is what prevents it from being the best subway in America.

5)Toronto TTC-Very clean and safe efficent cars and stations. Big negative(unless it changed i rode the mostly TTC subway cars bulit in the late '60's/early '70's) is the lack of station annoucements from the Train Operator or when used the Condutors.

Best light rail in US that i been on.

1)San Francisco historic "Cable Cars."

2)San Diego "MTS Trolley(aka Light Rail Network)

3)NJ Transit (NJT) Newark and HBLR.

4)Dallas's Dart system.

Just my reactions to this list.

Did you notice the (MTA) is the only subway from that list to run express services on separate tracks?

Nice catch. I think that some Tube lines run express. But whether or not they run on express tracks is the question. But yeah, the MTA is the only one. Hooray!

Archived