B44 should be transferred to Grand Ave Depot.

LandoftheLost

who thinks the b47 should go back to flatbush?

I don't see why it left in the first place.

Wasn't it still at flatbush well after grand av opened ?

(I don't think the move was immediate)

then for whatever the reason, it was later moved to grand av.....

Going out on a limb here, I'm going to say it could just be a way to give Grand Av another line to run. Ie: draw off lines and buses from other depots [to free up some space].

I don't think you could cut the B100, since it is the only service to Mill Basin.

Obviously if the B100 were to be cut, the B2 would probably be rerouted to run up Utica and then turn on to Fillmore and replace the B100 from there. The 'B2 stub' can then be taken up by the B9/41/46/Q35.

Again, it's not that FB can't take on those routes [but would need to swap some of their lines with other depots]. It's the union thing, they don't want a full merge with NYCT because they'll lose their seniority. If not for that for sure the B100 should be transfered to Flatbush and maybe the Q35 split b/w FR and FB.

Someone's toes are going to have to be broken though...i.e., threaten layoffs if they don't go through with the merger. I'm not sure if federal law would allow a public authority to declare bankruptcy, but the MTA could conceivably prepare a pre-packaged bankruptcy in which vendors are already paid off first, but which void union contracts.

Earlier I stated a possible compromise.

I don't see why it left in the first place.

Wasn't it still at flatbush well after grand av opened ?

(I don't think the move was immediate)

then for whatever the reason, it was later moved to grand av.....

there wasnt enough room at flatbush from what they say in the depot. there were rumors saying it was going to come back to flatbush for the system pick because grand ave was having problems with the bus operators swing but that didnt happen.

What NYCT should do is make each Depot a Split route depot if Grand Avenue was to get the B44 they would start and end at Bridge Plaza and Buses from Flatbush would start and end at Kings Plaza

the B60 should have been split Between East New York and Grand Avenue to avoid that long deadhead back to grand same situation Buses from Grand Avenue start and end at Bridge Plaza Buses from East New York start and end at Canarsie Williams Avenue it makes alot of sense

I 100% agree.:tup:

What NYCT should do is make each Depot a Split route depot if Grand Avenue was to get the B44 they would start and end at Bridge Plaza and Buses from Flatbush would start and end at Kings Plaza

the B60 should have been split Between East New York and Grand Avenue to avoid that long deadhead back to grand same situation Buses from Grand Avenue start and end at Bridge Plaza Buses from East New York start and end at Canarsie Williams Avenue it makes alot of sense

As it stands now, Grand Avenue has deadheads from Canarsie to Maspeth. The B15 also once had deadheads from Maspeth to the airport when it was at Grand Avenue.

Archived