B44 should be transferred to Grand Ave Depot.

LandoftheLost

When B44 route become Select Bus Service late 2011. B44 route should be transfer to Grand Ave Depot. If B44 route will be an articulated bus line. Grand Ave depot will able to handle articulated bus. Flatbush Depot and Ulmer Park depot I believe is a depot that cannot able handle articulated bus.

When B44 route become Select Bus Service late 2011. B44 route should be transfer to Grand Ave Depot. If B44 route will be an articulated bus line. Grand Ave depot will able to handle articulated bus. Flatbush Depot and Ulmer Park depot I believe is a depot that cannot able handle articulated bus.
wrong Flatbush can handle artics and 2 they won't just give up b44 to GA.

:P

What NYCT should do is make each Depot a Split route depot if Grand Avenue was to get the B44 they would start and end at Bridge Plaza and Buses from Flatbush would start and end at Kings Plaza

the B60 should have been split Between East New York and Grand Avenue to avoid that long deadhead back to grand same situation Buses from Grand Avenue start and end at Bridge Plaza Buses from East New York start and end at Canarsie Williams Avenue it makes alot of sense

That's a pretty good idea. But are you saying a bus [RTS for example] belonging to two depots [getting two depot stickers] or merely splitting the route so that it is served by two depots?
Just merely splitting the route so that it is served by two Depots do you think that would be a good idea

some would say it may take buses away from Routes but my idea is to have every Depot in the City a split route depot there for that wouldnt be a concern lets say they have 30 buses on the B44 during rush hour 15 would come from GA freeing up 15 buses from flatbush now u have a reserve fleet

thats just a example because I know there are more than 30 Buses on the B44 during rush hour

I think splitting the B44 ain't a bad idea it would add space at flatbush. Then u might be able to put the B100 in FLA or Split the B3 u would have options.

I thought it's the union issue [seniority] that has prevented the B100 from being sent over to Flatbush depot? Otherwise they could choose either the B2 or the B100 to cut and to keep the other.

Just merely splitting the route so that it is served by two Depots do you think that would be a good idea

some would say it may take buses away from Routes but my idea is to have every Depot in the City a split route depot there for that wouldnt be a concern lets say they have 30 buses on the B44 during rush hour 15 would come from GA freeing up 15 buses from flatbush now u have a reserve fleet

thats just a example because I know there are more than 30 Buses on the B44 during rush hour

I see what you mean. That would be a good idea.

The thread title is misleading, and it will be a snowy day in hell before the B44, a bus route that's close to Flatbush depot will be transferred to Grand Avenue, a depot that's not even in the same borough, let alone close to where the B44 runs.

It is in the same division, however (Brooklyn Division). The real reason though against a transfer is that Grand Avenue is not that big a garage (it can only handle about 180 buses and currently has about 160 assigned).

I get the thinking though---reduction in deadheads.

I thought it's the union issue [seniority] that has prevented the B100 from being sent over to Flatbush depot? Otherwise they could choose either the B2 or the B100 to cut and to keep the other.

I don't think you could cut the B100, since it is the only service to Mill Basin.

I personally think the B44 deadheads to Flatbush aren't THAT bad. To free space at Flatbush, maybe split the B49 with Ulmer Park?

That doesn't sound too good.

Honestly, I think that the only way out is to transfer the B100, BM3, and BM4 to Flatbush. An annex can be built where the parking lot/gas station is now (wait for the street view to show):

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=4901+Fillmore+Avenue,+Brooklyn,+NY+11234++&sll=40.615972,-73.928633&sspn=0.038049,0.055189&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=4901+Fillmore+Ave,+Brooklyn,+Kings,+New+York+11234&ll=40.623855,-73.923225&spn=0.009513,0.013797&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.614395,-73.927656&panoid=xcIVWp0FzEi-MjAxsvbOrg&cbp=12,81.71,,0,2.76&output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=4901+Fillmore+Avenue,+Brooklyn,+NY+11234++&sll=40.615972,-73.928633&sspn=0.038049,0.055189&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=4901+Fillmore+Ave,+Brooklyn,+Kings,+New+York+11234&ll=40.623855,-73.923225&spn=0.009513,0.013797&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.614395,-73.927656&panoid=xcIVWp0FzEi-MjAxsvbOrg&cbp=12,81.71,,0,2.76" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

If something isn't broke. No need to change it. Right now things are fine. If Flatbush has no room, there really is no gud place to put some Flatbush routes(I.e, b49 to ulmer park, no room there, no need to split b44). Grand Ave, built for 200 buses(articles prior and post to the opening confirm this) could fit some 44 runs but still, no need to do that. Plus, with routes being cut along with runs, there should be space at respective depots

Again, it's not that FB can't take on those routes [but would need to swap some of their lines with other depots]. It's the union thing, they don't want a full merge with NYCT because they'll lose their seniority. If not for that for sure the B100 should be transfered to Flatbush and maybe the Q35 split b/w FR and FB.

Archived