Bx12 fare beaters still ripping off MTA, despite launch of crackdown

St Louis Car 09

A fare inspector is still a worker who needs to be paid $$ for their work. That was what I was saying.

Also, SBS is a fine system but the only thing that needs to be improved is the fare inspection. This can easily be done by putting 1-2 fare inspectors onboard every bus, but right now the (MTA) doesn't have the money to do that right now.

And they definitely won`t have the money as fare beaters keep beating them.What they should do is implement plain clothes officers on the bus.

MY version of "fare control" :(

melgibsonshotgun.jpg

no no, but the Bx12 SBS is a farebeater gathering ground due to the fact that tickets are checked once every million years. I have NEVER seen a fare inspection. .....but I still pay B)

Calm down buddy. I love the 2nd Amendment too, but that's just way off. Like I said before, whoever planned the SBS system deserves a brain transplant. There were so many issues with the line, despite its perks, such as: a dedicated and enforced lane.. and fare beating. I am not asking for Curitaba style BRT (where there is fixed infrastructure and proper segregation between buses and private vehicles), but at least find a way to minimise on the fare beatings. TBH, I would consider opting for fare terminals, so at least there is a sense that you have to pay. While people recognise that they still have to pay (albeit, not going to the front), some of them abuse the set up because they think they can mingle with crowds and sneak aboard a ride. I hope the M15 SBS is implemented improvingly, as to addressing these issues.

Calm down buddy. I love the 2nd Amendment too, but that's just way off. Like I said before, whoever planned the SBS system deserves a brain transplant. There were so many issues with the line, despite its perks, such as: a dedicated and enforced lane.. and fare beating. I am not asking for Curitaba style BRT (where there is fixed infrastructure and proper segregation between buses and private vehicles), but at least find a way to minimise on the fare beatings. TBH, I would consider opting for fare terminals, so at least there is a sense that you have to pay. While people recognise that they still have to pay (albeit, not going to the front), some of them abuse the set up because they think they can mingle with crowds and sneak aboard a ride. I hope the M15 SBS is implemented improvingly, as to addressing these issues.

I was joking. Look at the sentence immediately after the photo and you'll see "no no,"

MY version of "fare control" :(

melgibsonshotgun.jpg

no no, but the Bx12 SBS is a farebeater gathering ground due to the fact that tickets are checked once every million years. I have NEVER seen a fare inspection. .....but I still pay :P

Archived