(6) Line Rehabilitation Projects

Iamthe1

ummm....I saw on T.V. on the news (I forgot which channel) that the 103rd Street station on the (6) is one of the dirtiest stations in the system...Does this mean that it will get rehabilitated soon? Lol, I live there and i'm tired of seeing that same stuff everyday...It's tooo crowded...

103st on the (6) was rebuild back in the mid to late 90s or early 00s

That station was looking the way it does in 1989 when I first noticed it, so that was probably when it was worked on, in the 80's. It definately needs work BIG TIME. I use that station everyday and I hate it. The station, the people, everything about it I just can't stand.

lol i took the (6) train home today and it seems that they are working on the fixing some sections of the walls

the back of the uptown platform has a huge white wall covering the original one, maybe we'll see some renovations soon :P

lol i took the (6) train home today and it seems that they are working on the fixing some sections of the walls

the back of the uptown platform has a huge white wall covering the original one, maybe we'll see some renovations soon :P

Let us pray. LOL

103rd St. on the (6) is not going to be fully renovated anytime soon. However, they may spruce up some parts of the station at a time (i.e. platform edges, ceiling paint, lighting, etc.) in the near future if it is necessary. IMO all they need is the new platform edges and a much brighter station that works with the color scheme of the tiles, and the station's fine. The first time I used the station I was simply amazed at how dimly lit it was.

I use that station almost every day because I work out at the nearby Ballys, and while the station may not be aesthetically pleasing, I rather they hold off on sprucing it up during a fiscal shortfall, and spend any available funds on expanding the sytem, like the SAS or a new Bronx-to-Queens line.

Archived