New Plates

St Louis Car 09

I don't think you can, however I have seen old cars (40's and 50's old) with "historical" plates and I seem to remember them being the old orange and black/navy blue lettering. i wish I had something to put plates ON TO.

Go here to see some or the older plates. http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_NYXX.html

What I meant was I've seen some 70's chevelles and so forth on the road with the old blue background gold trim ny plates, so I asked someone and they told me you can re-use them again on your classic cars.

What I meant was I've seen some 70's chevelles and so forth on the road with the old blue background gold trim ny plates, so I asked someone and they told me you can re-use them again on your classic cars.

Maybe you can, I'm not exactly sure about it.

I've seen historical cars mostly with the current plates (blue-&-whites) but they start with "HX" and say "historical" on the bottom of the plates.

I don't even know why this state is wasting money on new plates when the current ones aren't even that old (I think they're about 10 or something around that). There more important stuff that needs to be done in this state *cough cough* balance the state budget *cough cough* :(

I think they are ok. They stand out, that's for sure and it does take me back to when I was a kid in the 80's. I think the Lady Liberty one was the best. I have to renew my registration in July so I should be getting them for my car.

They are ugly on the modern cars. Even my friend's Lexus RS and a BMW 3 series vehicle doesnt look right in the new plates. Poor color choices on the plates.

There is really nothing wrong with the previous scheme plates. They could gone back to the liberty plates since it was really stand the best.

There is really nothing wrong with the previous scheme plates. They could gone back to the liberty plates since it was really stand the best.

There was something wrong with the currnt plates, the state was not making money off them.

Again.All about the Benjamins.And now people driving nice mercedes and bimmers have to rock these ugly ass plates. Oh well.

Sucks for them. Maybe they should have not wasted their money on a pretentious cars. Luxury cars really aren't "better" than most regular ones. Hell a Lexus is just a much more expensive Toyota at the end of the day...

Again.All about the Benjamins.And now people driving nice mercedes and bimmers have to rock these ugly ass plates. Oh well.

Um, not for nothing but if I'm driving a benzo or a beemer the last thing on my mind is what color the plates are. I'm more worried about making my monthly note.

Archived