LGA depot maintenance?

Bracamonte

I still think CP was better with Queens Surface. They took good care of their buses. I hate the way the MTA changed the seating in the buses.

Triboro was pretty bad though, but I miss having the Orion V CNG Express coaches on the Q53, that was always fun (except when we broke down of course).

Back in the day we called them Trihorror or Triboro Roach and Spleen Lines...:eek:

The MTA changed the seats because they had to over buy D4500s for every express bus route which was overkill. Sure some lines may need them, but not all of them. And in turn they shoved those CNGs to local only duty. Plus how did riders cope with such narrow seats? Those armrests are torture because they don't allow a person to stretch out into the aisle and forcing both people to be uncomfortable. For that a 2x1 or 1x2 seating would've been better.

If everything was merged, that would be a brilliant idea. I didnt even think about the Q48 to LGA but that really does make sense, but for reliability, I rather have that split with CS. I think in order for CS to take EXP routes, they would have to lose some local buses and/or routes, or split a majority of the routes which isnt really a bad thing per say.
Oh that's true. All three depots would need to be on an equal level in terms of maintenance first, but ideally bus routes should be based closest to the depot they passby or run nearest to.

I would probably say LGA would be the one to get most of the local routes so CS can get a few express routes or CP could swap some express lines for CS's local routes. [off the top of my memory] I could guess maybe the Q20A/B, Q44 could go to CP and maybe the QM2-3 to CS?

When CP was MTAB HQ I thought they had a good maintenance set up. I still want to know why they are not HQ anymore, and what makes LGA so special as to take the title of division north HQ??? I think they have improved a little bit, but not enough to HQ! Does anyone else think LGA does not deserve this title?

When CP was MTAB HQ I thought they had a good maintenance set up. I still want to know why they are not HQ anymore, and what makes LGA so special as to take the title of division north HQ??? I think they have improved a little bit, but not enough to HQ! Does anyone else think LGA does not deserve this title?

I thought Eastchester was MTA Bus HQ?

Archived