Your favorite NYC Bridges and Tunnels....

bstar1

The Manhattan Bridge was always fascinating to me. I guess it's the nostalgia kicking in. Off topic but I get a kick out of riding the Jackie Robinson Parkway, it's a joy ride with those steep curves. Makes it fun speeding through the curves on a Saturday night making me feel I'm in a Formula 1 Grand Prix competition. Not the most practical highway of choice but it is fun catching the curves at relatively high speeds.

The Manhattan Bridge was always fascinating to me. I guess it's the nostalgia kicking in. Off topic but I get a kick out of riding the Jackie Robinson Parkway, it's a joy ride with those steep curves. Makes it fun speeding through the curves on a Saturday night making me feel I'm in a Formula 1 Grand Prix competition. Not the most practical highway of choice but it is fun catching the curves at relatively high speeds.

Not until the ghosts decides to make a move to haunt someone and make their car crash. I'd choose Grand Central Parkway starting at LaGuardia Airport all the way to the LIE exit near the Nassau-Suffolk Border or the FDR Drive, but then again I won't do unless if I get a permit to close the road for a joyride with few car racing fans and shoot a movie-like thingy to make it rather more legit and pleasing to the authorities, =P...

Either way by mentioning the GCP, I do cross an unofficial bridge-like viaduct on the GCP between Clearview and Cross Island, and that's a great ride too! I nicknamed it the Alley Pond Viaduct, but you can name it all you want!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived