San Diego Trolley

LRVTO

New to the forum but have been a TO on San Diego Trolley light rail system for almost 11 years now. Looking forward to catching up on all the reading here. Originally from Queens, NY and a front car window watcher starting in the late 50's. Pleasure to hang with others interested in transit topics.

Barry

New to the forum but have been a TO on San Diego Trolley light rail system for almost 11 years now. Looking forward to catching up on all the reading here. Originally from Queens, NY and a front car window watcher starting in the late 50's. Pleasure to hang with others interested in transit topics.

Barry

Howdy small world. My parents and sister/brother in law live in the Nestor/Chula Vista area near Palm Ave exit of Interstate 5 and the Blue Line station. My family out there met from Brooklyn oringally.

So Barry welcome aboard:tup:. Do you operate as MTS T/O on either the Blue(San Ysidro-Old Town) Orange(Santee-Downtown SD) or fairly new Green line (Santee-Old Town)routes?

Thanks for the welcomes. Our runs at SDTI go up for bid about every 3-4 months. My job right now consists mostly of Blue Line from Old Town to San Ysidro on the early morning runs. I also work some yard shifts and am qualified as a Train Operator Instructor and am also a Shop Steward for Local 465 of IBEW. I live in La Mesa, which is about 12 miles east of downtown while your family is to the south of our downtown facility. I go through Palm station every day many times.

But then again you are not underground all day and when you leave work you are 10 minutes from the beach. And, we are hiring, is the MTA? It ain't the best gig in the world, but if you are hungry it might be an option. Would I recommend the PT work for up to 5 years, probably not. I wouldn't come here for the job, but if you are here it might just be an option.

But then again you are not underground all day and when you leave work you are 10 minutes from the beach. And, we are hiring, is the MTA? It ain't the best gig in the world, but if you are hungry it might be an option. Would I recommend the PT work for up to 5 years, probably not. I wouldn't come here for the job, but if you are here it might just be an option.

The only reason my friend I am not in Southern Calif. to be near my Parents/Sister is the current mega recession. I was still in Grad School 5 years ago now in Brooklyn when my parents retired and moved to San Diego.

I been working as a Substitute Teacher for 3 years and was at beginning of this past school year in Sept. promoted to full time Teaching Assistant. I tried and could not find work out there in which Calif. has other maybe Detroit and the Midwest has been the hardest hit area of our country from this recession.

San Diego is one of the best places in America to live but also expensive (almost NYC prices for homes/apts. overall)and I would only move out there if i was assured of a job.

Hey I live in SF, and work P/T at BART, hiring freeze, I am not complaining, it is a cool job, good pay n the city is amazingly beautiful!

SD is awesome n I would love to get off work n walk to the beach.

welcome buddy, lets see some pictures of the trolly soon!

Archived