Mice found at a food court in a Washington DC area Mall

Shortline Bus

Caught on Camera: Mice in a Food

BY Greta Kreuz .(ABC7 News Reporter, Washington, DC)

PENTAGON CITY, Va. June 16, 2010 - "No one wants to see mice at a food court, but that's what one woman saw at Pentagon City Mall.

And she caught it on camera.

She told ABC 7 News that she works overnight at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. She took cell phone video of mice running loose on the floor of a frozen yogurt stand.

Although she declined to be identified out of fear of losing her job, she said people should know what's going on. So, she shared it with ABC 7 News viewers Wednesday at 5:00.

The woman said she had seen as many as 10 mice just before she turned on her camera.

The Arlington County Health Department conducts three or four unannounced inspections annually at the food court eateries for pest infestation, plus immediate action if it gets a complaint. Mice, while not as abhorrent perhaps as rats or roaches to some people, can still carry disease.

Shoppers had mixed reactions to having critters in the food court.

Some weren't too worried, so long as they couldn't see them. One said she would still eat there.

Others said the business where the mice were seen should be closed down."

c)2010 WJLA-TV, Inc.

News and Video Link for ABC-TV 7 Washington, DC.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0610/746678.html

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0610/746678_video.html?ref=newsstory

It could be worse. Remember the infamous KFC/Taco Bell rats in a now closed Greenwich Village KFC from 3 years ago.:P

*warning this video clip is not for the faint of heart.*

This is just nasty, but yes I recall that well.

I think I was in that mall last summer, the food court gets pretty crowded sometimes. Unpleasant sight.

O man I'm ;):P I want A Dirty Rat Yummy yummy

it least we have someone to talk to :)

M O U S E

LMAO. I hear Jerry Mouse of "Tom & Jerry' fame makes a great friend.:tup:

On serious matter back to topic. I actually been to that mall in Arlington a few times myself.

It looked clean to me. If they can have rodents, any place can have them:o. I wonder since that mall is atop a major DC Metro stop has anything to do with it.

It could be worse. Remember the infamous KFC/Taco Bell rats in a now closed Greenwich Village KFC from 3 years ago.;)

*warning this video clip is not for the faint of heart.*

*Hysterical Laughter* The fact that was on live TV made me lose it. That was after i finished staring in utter shock. ._.;

*Hysterical Laughter* The fact that was on live TV made me lose it. That was after i finished staring in utter shock. ._.;

Yup. The most famous steps for the Rat Race of all time shown live on NBC Ch.4 in NYC and then around the world as well. To this day 3 years later, those infamous clips has had over 1,000,000 combined hits on youtube alone.

No matter what you do mice and rats will get all most anywhere humans are, they can chew through stuff, and as long as their head fits they can squeeze through holes, even come up through sewer pipes and electrical conduits as well as HVAC systems.

I saw a mouse at maggie moo's at newport center mall, i plan to report this to the health inspector in jersey city tomorrow.

seriously though, if people were not such savage slobs most of these creatures wouldn't bother coming indoors unless to get away from wintery ice death.

- A

Archived