Cellular Telephome Numbers Go Public This Month

"Cellular Telephone Numbers Go Public This Month"

Reminder:.....all cellular telephone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls [on your cell phone(s)].

.....You Will Be Charged For These Calls.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National Do Not Call List. It will take only a minute of your time. It blocks your [cell] number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You can not call from a different telephone number.

Help others by passing this on.....it takes about 20 seconds.

http://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Interesting. I wonder if this may eventually lead to cellular telephone numbers being included in the telephone directory or in a small cellular telephone directory.

Since cell phones work on a monthly plan, these calls will use up minutes.

I thought it was against the law for telemarketers to call you without permission?

Just don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number. Bottom line.

No, you must first inform them that you do not wish to be contacted by them again. If they continue then you can report them to the FTC.

• 1 month later...
Heh, I like screwing around with the telemarketers.

I do too. Calling them motherf**kers scares some of them. I also often love it when they get annoyed when you curse at them. I tell them if you don't like it get a new job.

What SHOULD be illegal is telemarketing computers calling you and playing recordings. That's f**king spam, and it's bullshit. And you don't even get the satisfaction of telling some moron off.

• 3 months later...

Archived