Michael Hertz was Johnny come lately...John Tauranac designed the 1979 map.

FlushingIRT

Hertz got the credit for designing it because he ACTUALLY designed it.

Tauranac was the chair of the committee- From my understanding he just was one of the people setting the specifications for what Hertz would actually design.

Hertz knew how delegate tasks, thats about it. Now Tauranac is a bonafide cartographer.

Spilled milk...don't cry over it. Not very becoming.

Not crying over it. it Hertz crying over it. Taking credit where credit doesn't belong to him. I met Tauranac, I know he created the 1978-1980's map, that we all like to collect.

I fail to see the point in this. Almost seems to me that you have some personal score to settle with Michael Hertz...?

Just telling you young generation whippersnappers and railfans that Michael hertz was just a delegation artist. He didn't create nothing except for his office.

Its almost as bad as the MTA wanting credit for the Subway, the Bus and the Bridge with their,...

MTA New York Transit

MTA Long Island Transit

MTA Long Island Bus

MTA Metro-North Railroad

MTA Bridges and Tunnels

MTA this and MTA that.

That's not the same thing. That's service branding. Those are MTA operations, the are puting thier name on to signfiy that, to show it's thier responcibility. You're doing nothing but spreading incorrect information.

Hertz made the map, live with it. Tauranac mislead you.

sigh...The Young Generation and their warped minds.

Hertz didn't do anything. he lifted not one single drafting pencil.

You have no proof thet you're right. you cited a wiki article where the only linked source was a newspaper aticle that outright said you were wrong.

Been tracking Hertz and his associates. One of his lackeys changed the article on Tauranac.

Oh my God, have you got nothing better to do with youself? So far, everything points to you being wrong. how about finding some actual proof of your claims and not sidesteping our questions.

So far, Michael Hertz has been verry successful in brainwashing you all into believing that he designed the 1979 map.

So far, Michael Hertz has been verry successful in brainwashing you all into believing that he designed the 1979 map.

For someone who claims to be so old you're really acting immature with these silly posts of yours. And another thing I don't think anyone here gives a shit who really designed the map so drop already. Grow up.

Archived