After Doomsday: Bronx Bus service 1 month later after the cuts

Shortline Bus

Speaking of Co-op City, I wonder if there should be a reorganization of routes that would provide 1-4 with better service as well:

1. Extend the Bx12 Local to City Island, replacing the Bx29; the Bx12 Local would be downgraded to rigids as it has a hard time justifying artics on many runs as it is, and truncate it to Grand Concourse.

2. The other half of the Bx29 would be combined with the Bx38, which would operate as follows from 205 Street: Regular to Bartow, Sections 1, 2, and 3, Bay Plaza, Section 5, and Pelham Bay Park subway station.

If the Bx12 is to be cut back at all, cut the Bx12 local back to Jerome Avenue during the daytime (except Summer weekends to/from 207 St Broadway or Jerome Av), this way it would still connect to the (4) train and the E 190 St local stop (Grand Concourse on the other side) won't have to be eliminated.

What about the summer Bx12 local runs to Orchard Beach. Late evenings it runs to Bay Plaza, late nights to Bartow Edson. Bx12 local has too many terminals now. Going to City Island causes another problem

If the Bx12 is to be cut back at all, cut the Bx12 local back to Jerome Avenue during the daytime (except Summer weekends to/from 207 St Broadway or Jerome Av), this way it would still connect to the (4) train and the E 190 St local stop (Grand Concourse on the other side) won't have to be eliminated.

What about the summer Bx12 local runs to Orchard Beach. Late evenings it runs to Bay Plaza, late nights to Bartow Edson. Bx12 local has too many terminals now. Going to City Island causes another problem

The problem is that there is no place by Jerome Avenue to turn around buses.

As for the Bx12 local runs to Orchard Beach, it would work like this:

1. During the summer, alternate runs go to Orchard Beach and then City Island.

2. During the non-summer, alternate trips would continue on to City Island; other trips would end at Pelham Bay.

Customers needing service beyond Grand Concourse could transfer at Fordham Plaza, using a paper transfer even if starting with MetroCard.

The Bx38 is utilized a lot now. It is somewhat crowded when it passes by Co-op City. As for the Bx14... well, it was a wasteful route.

To you the Bx14 was a wasteful route to me it was my only way of getting to Pelham Bay Park from inner Parkchester still that alot of people saw the Bx14 as a unnecessary line it actually served its purpose but when they cut service I feel that Country Club should of loss service fully cause all they did is complain about buses coming in & out of there, close to the service cut they started doing loops in Country Club instead of the bus sitting in Country Club they set the schedule in a way that their sitting time was at Hugh Grant Circle what I believe they should of done is Terminated the Bx14 @ Pelham Bay Park so it can help the shoppers from Bay Plaza who rely on the Bx14 to take them back to Parkchester because the way it is set now whether you will walk to the 6 which has service changes @ times & Bypasses Castle Hill Av Station that will a cause you to go back 1 stop to Parkchester to get service or cause you to take a series of buses just to reach Pelham Bay Park

Archived