Something strange happened to this evening

S78 via Hylan

I had just gotten off of the (1) train at South Ferry with my friend because we were going to take the Staten Island Ferry to go home and I go to the metrocard reader to check the balance on some cards I had because we had about 15 minutes before the ferry was due to arrive. As I am checking the balances, a police offer on the opposite side of the turnstiles asks me: "Do you want to get into the train? I'll give you a free ride." I told her I didn't need it, but showed my gratitude.

I was more confused then ever, I mean seriously, A police officer of all people offering me a free ride? :confused:

On top of this, I had found a 14-Day unlimited metrocard earlier.

Comments?

Some police officers are nice.

I remember one time when I took my paraprofessional, my Japanese paraprofessional teacher named Ms. China. (Everyone calls her China b/c of her name spell.)

On that day, I did not know about Puerto Rican Day Parade, and I give her tour at MET Museum.

After the MET Museum, I had to walk west on 79th St Transverse Rd and I got very exhauted. That time, I was living at 1771 1st Av apartment. Nice police officer gave me free ride to my house and I said thank you.

One time, one of Access-A-Ride who recognize me want to give me free ride, but I said, "That's OK".

Yeah some cops are very thoughtful. I guess since she notice you were checking the Metro card and thought you wanted to get in(as teeN) she just wanted to give you a free ride then have you stay stranded.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine while goin to the Downtown (;)(C) at 135h, his MC was empty, we were gonna go to the S/A but a nice undercover cop just let him in for free.

Cops are thoughtful and respectful, i give them my respect. Cops who go nuts for any bs, i give them my respect but from my view they got no manners(Those who don't).

Some police officers are nice.

I remember one time when I took my paraprofessional, my Japanese paraprofessional teacher named Ms. China. (Everyone calls her China b/c of her name spell.)

On that day, I did not know about Puerto Rican Day Parade, and I give her tour at MET Museum.

After the MET Museum, I had to walk west on 79th St Transverse Rd and I got very exhauted. That time, I was living at 1771 1st Av apartment. Nice police officer gave me free ride to my house and I said thank you.

One time, one of Access-A-Ride who recognize me want to give me free ride, but I said, "That's OK".

I guess so, but I didn't know if is was a scam to get me arrested because some police will actually stop you, but like you said, some are actually nice. I just didn't want to take any chances especially at a place like South Ferry where there tends to be a lot of security.

I guess so, but I didn't know if is was a scam to get me arrested because some police will actually stop you, but like you said, some are actually nice. I just didn't want to take any chances especially at a place like South Ferry where there tends to be a lot of security.

That is a very good point. I too might be a bit skeptical about being allowed to enter for free. You acted appropriately by graciously declining the offer without being offensive by refusing.

Not all cops carry that jerkhead attitude, a lot of them just wanna do a good job and protect people. There are bad apples, but that doesn't represent all of them, not by a long shot. That being said, don't expect a PA cop to give you a free ride on PATH! :cool:

- A

Archived