Longer wider trains for the IRT

Eastman346

I'd say it might help some, but then again, due to the heavy volume of riders on the IRT, overcrowding would still be a problem.

The only viable solution to the crowding problem on the Lexington Avenue line would be to provide more frequent service, especially at rush hours.

I'd say it might help some, but then again, due to the heavy volume of riders on the IRT, overcrowding would still be a problem.

The only viable solution to the crowding problem on the Lexington Avenue line would be to provide more frequent service, especially at rush hours.

With trains running every 30 seconds or so during rush hour I don't think they would be able to squeeze in anymore trains.

With trains running every 30 seconds or so during rush hour I don't think they would be able to squeeze in anymore trains.

I thought they were running every 2-3 minutes.

If they are going at that speed during rush hours, then, there really isn't any viable option to fix the situation.

They wouldn't do that. They would have to widen the tunnels and stations.

yes I know that... let me rephrase the question. If the IRT had used same dimensions and specs as the BMT/IND would it have helped with the overcrowding of the IRT lines?

:mad: Now stop posting that the BMT INDs can't run on IRT everyone knows this already. :mad:

Archived