Ftrainfan's log(9-26-10)

Ftrainfan

There's absolutely nothing fast about getting a girl's number.

Correct. Don't be coy. Speak your mind and ask for what you want. That way the girl won't be confused about what you're up to and put you in the friend zone.

If you want her number, ask for it.

Actually, better yet ask her out. To coffee. First. Not for within the next few minutes, but just offer her coffee when you or her has to go. Something like "I really enjoyed our little chat here, maybe we can do it again sometime"

Now what girl is gonna say no to that provided you're not 400 pounds and you've remembered to shower this morning? (Sorry I can't resist jabs at railiens)

She's gonna say something like "Sure"

Then you can say something like "Well how about I take you out to coffee on [day of the week - be specific] and we can pick up where we left off?"

She says she can, get her number.

She says she can't, ask her "[day of the week] is no good? Alright how about [other day of the week]?"

She says she can, get her number.

She says she can't and suggests another day, get her number.

She says she can't and suggests nothing, walk away and find a better girl.

If you ask her out, she'll know you're interested. She'll give you a chance. If she doesn't, then don't waste your time on her and find another girl. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Nothing invested, nothing lost. What you DON'T want to do is not be clear you're asking her out and she thinks you want to be her friend, and you become her good buddy that she calls for advice about the other guys she likes better than you. Then you realize you like her but you'll never have a chance. Don't be that guy. Just ask for what you want and if you get it, great. If you don't, she's not your type.

*I don't want to make a move on her since I'm saving it for the girl in my school.

From what you posted in the best relationships thread, you've got a long way to go before you get on good terms with this girl in your school again...I would definitely see where this thing with the 20-year old goes, might as well get some more experience..."experience" before you make your move on this other girl.

I Lol'd

truth.

I mean, even I get new numbers all the time. I'm not exactly Mr. Charming either. If I can do it, you can do it.

Rare inspirational and positive words from Joe on here. I'd take heed of his advice on this. He's right.

Rookie...if a girl told me i was the sweetest, most honest...yada yada yada...i'd have walked away with a 10 digit number and probably had a date lined up on Saturday. Time to put the rollsigns and toy trains away and start growin up kiddo.

Well considering she looks at him as a boy, I don't think there's any chance there lol

Honestly if a girl tells you you're the sweetest most honest, you probably don't have a chance in hell. It means she thinks you're like the little brother she never had and women don't sleep with their little brothers.

Learn your lesson and play it different next time.

All I have to say is this: if you ever run into her again, do NOT bring up anything about trains!!! She'll think you're a weirdo and will never talk to you again!

Not necessarily. I mention that I preserve old trains and do work on them all the time, and a lot of them get interested and ask a bunch of questions. One girl started asking me all these questions about 12-9's as a result (I don't know why), so I answered them, being humorous and entertaining of course (as much as possible given the topic), and not talking about any railfanny bullshit, and she enjoyed it. Next thing I know, I find out that girl's telling her boyfriend that the three of us need to hang out more B) But she wasn't my type anyway, and the boyfriend is a friend of mine, and I don't wreck the homes of friends...so in the end it's just a cool story. But usually the reactions I get when I explain what I do are interested. Never "you like trains that's weird" - if you're getting that it probably means you're talking about trains TOO MUCH, or you intro'd your interest in them by talking about shit that the girl has no idea aka "I love trains my favorites are the R46's!!!" and she goes :confused:.

It's your PERSONALITY not your STATS that are gonna make a girl like you. You can tell her you like watching paint dry but if you do it in a funny and interesting way she'll think you're alright. Girls like having shit to tease guys about. Tease them right back, though. If a girl teases you, she probably likes you. If she ignores you, she's not interested.

*I don't want to make a move on her since I'm saving it for the girl in my school.

BAD effing move. Don't ever do that. As a man, this is the best advice I can give you in life besides telling you to wear a condom if you ever go to Mexico for spring break. That girl isn't waiting for you, so don't wait for her. Besides, she might even get jealous if she finds out your squeezing someone else.

Don't ever put girls on a pedestal and focus on only one at a time. That's called marriage kid and you're not ready for that (hell neither am I). Have fun, meet, and date as many women as you can. You don't go to the supermarket, and buy the first thing that looks good and decide to eat that for the rest of your life. You try out a lot of stuff, and then you come back and buy the ones you liked. Get my drift?

Not necessarily. I mention that I preserve old trains and do work on them all the time, and a lot of them get interested and ask a bunch of questions. One girl started asking me all these questions about 12-9's as a result (I don't know why), so I answered them, being humorous and entertaining of course (as much as possible given the topic), and not talking about any railfanny bullshit, and she enjoyed it. Next thing I know, I find out that girl's telling her boyfriend that the three of us need to hang out more B) But she wasn't my type anyway, and the boyfriend is a friend of mine, and I don't wreck the homes of friends...so in the end it's just a cool story. But usually the reactions I get when I explain what I do are interested. Never "you like trains that's weird" - if you're getting that it probably means you're talking about trains TOO MUCH, or you intro'd your interest in them by talking about shit that the girl has no idea aka "I love trains my favorites are the R46's!!!" and she goes :confused:.

That's what I'm talking about. People like you and I are involved in this hobby because it's something we like to do, and hopefully with the time and money I can make a step up. But it isn't our "like" per se like Ftrain is making it out to be. He has a long way to go. If the only thing he can do is strike a convo about R160s then the girls' gonna feel confused and even worse (by this kid's mad obsession about the car type)...

...scared.

great! I'll give you major props for getting a R42 on the (J) since they are only suppose to run during the week @ rush hours I believe. But the R68A (N) is pretty common. For me this summer when I was railfanning , I would run into a R68 or R68A every time I was on the (N). Even when I was hoping for a R160 (N) , the R68A (N) would still show up.

But if you never caught it before now , then congrats dude!:)

R68A (N) was a first for me since before they were on the (Q).

Archived