Nassau Street Line: Chambers Street

IRT Bronx Express

Thank you, and yep. "The wall" was a platform before it was demolished in 1960, to make room for the rebuilt Brooklyn Bridge (4)(5)(6) station on the other side. :tup:

Thanks, was that originally a terminal full time instead of Broad?

Chambers St. could use a good cleaning.

That station is just creepy. I remember being in that station and I was the only one down there. It felt like a horror movie scene was about to happen.

Chambers St. could use a good cleaning.
Amen to that.
Between 1913-1931, yep.
That station is just creepy. I remember being in that station and I was the only one down there. It felt like a horror movie scene was about to happen.
Tell me about it. That same day, I saw a big rat and I was freaked out. :eek:
Nice photos :tup: out of all the stations on the Nassau St Line I think Fulton Street (Downtown) looks the best :cool:
Thank you, and I agree. But Essex Street looks nice as well! :cool:
Nice shots!
Thanks!
nice pics :P im also wondering why does the (J) have to terminate at Chambers St on weekends?
Thanks :tup: The (J) terminates there because the Lexington line can partially serve the remaining two Nassau Line stations. The (J) used to terminate at Canal Street in 1990, but was extended to Chambers in 1994.

Yes the Station has that feel and I love it ...Last car by the stairs Jamaica bound:tup:

Archived