DiNapoli rejects NYC transit contract

Locomotion69

Not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but I do remember East New York saying something about NYCTA upgrading their radio systems in the near future.

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has rejected the New York City Transit Authority’s $118 million contract with Science Applications International Corp. for upgrading the authority’s VHF radio system, saying the company’s role in a city contracting scandal remains unclear.

While noting SAIC and its employees are not accused of criminal wrongdoing, the comptroller cites fraud indictments of consultants and “serious concerns about vendors” in the CityTime project to computerize the payroll.

DiNapoli says there are unanswered questions and too much money at stake for the radio contract to proceed without an independent review of SAIC’s role.

The authority says it shares DiNapoli’s concerns.

A call to SAIC was not immediately returned.

I can hear MTA Bus channels way more clearly then with the NYCT.

What I don't like is with MTA Bus they say the run

number and the bus number, leaves you guessing which line

it is, where as with NYCT they say the run and route, ex run #246 on the Q58.

I just hope they don't go digital which I doubt because that would be very expensive. There are police depts around the country who have converted from a trunked system to a digital one.

Very interesting. Does anyone know if this was originally a no-bid contract? I remember reading that the comptroller will now review all no-bid contracts to minimize wasteful spending and overpaying.

Good For DiNapoli- SAIC sounds quite inept.

It was a competitive bid contract. Obviously, you know the MTA choose the low bidder and without further research and Ch 11 news reporter mocking the MTA contracts & Jay Walder = a complete mess.

There's probably more to investigate on the no-bid contracts especially on the no-bid contract on bus purchases which MTA management needs to think more.

It was a competitive bid contract. Obviously, you know the MTA choose the low bidder and without further research and Ch 11 news reporter mocking the MTA contracts & Jay Walder = a complete mess.

There's probably more to investigate on the no-bid contracts especially on the no-bid contract on bus purchases which MTA management needs to think more.

What are you talking about? The no-bid contracts for bus orders is one of the smartest decisions MTA has ever made. Different brands can be tested all at once. What more is there to think about?

What are you talking about? The no-bid contracts for bus orders is one of the smartest decisions MTA has ever made. Different brands can be tested all at once. What more is there to think about?

Yeah, MTA make good decision. Some good, Some bad, some are really bad like this case.

Not these ones - but the one before them that became 3800-4278 and 4330-4700 (and later to 4702); that was a no-bid contract on which the MTA may have overpaid. That was issued as a no-bid contract in October 2007.

Archived