When is Balder going to get the BOOT?

Locomotion69

As far as wages for any title go, that wage was agreed upon by the UNION and by the COMPANY.

Next time you hear some anti-union ******* railing against these so-called "union benefits"...remember...the COMPANY agreed to those benefits as well.

As far as wages for any title go, that wage was agreed upon by the UNION and by the COMPANY.

Next time you hear some anti-union ******* railing against these so-called "union benefits"...remember...the COMPANY agreed to those benefits as well.

What options does the MTA really have? Either they agree and pay or disagree and face a possible strike. Especially since the TWU is a rather strong union.

What options does the MTA really have? Either they agree and pay or disagree and face a possible strike. Especially since the TWU is a rather strong union.

The MTA can cut the high wages of its executives and get rid of unnecessary nonunion office personnel that perform redundant tasks. LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE YEARS AGO.

shit rolls down hill.. Clean up management, and the rest will follow.

I don't think Walder is going anywhere. He is doing the dirty work.. But he needs to stop focusing on the bottom of the chain, and set an example and clean up - up top.. otherwise nothing will ever change.

IMO, while suing is not the right way to go about it, Walder is right in the sense that some transit workers make too much. $23/hr for a cleaner? Seriously?:mad::tdown:

Flame me for what I said if you want, I don't care.

I won't flame you, but I will ask, would you turn down a cleaner job for MTA? Would you take less? Don't get me wrong, as I as a worker for TA, do agree that some titles are beyond overpaid for their duties. Someone responsible for a broom, a dustpan, and sweeping 3 train cars, and mopping one every once in a while, , shouldn't make just $8 less than me, when I am responsible for 1200+ people, along with 10 to 15 million dollars of steel with a weight of nearly 400tons, or more. Now I might get flamed by my fellow workers, but I have been in two safety sensitive tiltes as B/O, and now T/O. Here in MTA our titles are underpaid. But again, we can't get what possibly TA wants to give us, cause too many titles are represented by one union. MNRR and LIRR are examples of how the same union, but with different locals can bargain for a given title/titles. B/O's, T/O's, and C/R's need a different representation, just for our safety sensitive titles. Maybe we can get what we are truly worth...........

I won't flame you, but I will ask, would you turn down a cleaner job for MTA? Would you take less? Don't get me wrong, as I as a worker for TA, do agree that some titles are beyond overpaid for their duties. Someone responsible for a broom, a dustpan, and sweeping 3 train cars, and mopping one every once in a while, , shouldn't make just $8 less than me, when I am responsible for 1200+ people, along with 10 to 15 million dollars of steel with a weight of nearly 400tons, or more. Now I might get flamed by my fellow workers, but I have been in two safety sensitive tiltes as B/O, and now T/O. Here in MTA our titles are underpaid. But again, we can't get what possibly TA wants to give us, cause too many titles are represented by one union. MNRR and LIRR are examples of how the same union, but with different locals can bargain for a given title/titles. B/O's, T/O's, and C/R's need a different representation, just for our safety sensitive titles. Maybe we can get what we are truly worth...........

Yup that's the downside. In the early days of the union it was an advantage because if motormen were being treated poorly, the power guys (and everyone else) could threaten not to show up and the system would shut down.

Now that everyone's just out for themselves - EVERYWHERE (my father's union is like this too and this is why he is not running for re-election as president) - that doesn't happen and in the cases of the cleaners is used by management as a reason not to pay operating and safety sensitive titles more.

Archived