Changes to Bx8 with a New BX4A and Bx24 Buses

mark1447

Why cant they return the Bx5 to its original route. Two routes on Crosby is over kill. And ever since the changes the Bx5 runs horribly.Bunching has never been so bad on this route 3 buses come at a time and that route only runs every 10-15 minutes most times.. I've wait a full hour at times for the Bx5 after 9PM its ridiculous.

Why cant they return the Bx5 to its original route. Two routes on Crosby is over kill. And ever since the changes the Bx5 runs horribly.Bunching has never been so bad on this route 3 buses come at a time and that route only runs every 10-15 minutes most times.. I've wait a full hour at times for the Bx5 after 9PM its ridiculous.

I have to agree. They would only have to restore two stops (one at LaSalle Av/Bruckner Blvd and the one at Crosby/Bruckner) as well as Baisley Avenue (where the Q50 currently stops). It would reduce delays for Soundview/Castle Hill riders since most that need Crosby Avenue come from Throggs Neck/Country Club.

Bx14 filled a quiet little niche in the East Bronx. Bx4A will probably be successful. I always thought if a route was going to run thru Parkchester via Metropolitan Avenue the route should head west like Bx54 did or the Bx4A now does.

But the Bx5 has to change. Roughly 90 percent of the route’d rider ship is between White Plains Rd. and Southern Blvd and there's 100x more riders within that area compared to the two or three people per trip who board along Crosby Ave. Yet Crosby Ave. gets double the service at the cost of Soundview Passengers. The MTA should restore service to pre- june 2010 with the exception of the only change that seems beneficial ; the new Bx4A. Bx14 can be restored and cut back to Weschester Sq.

I think the Bx4A is a great idea only just wished the would of came up with a better number assignment rather than this one cause it is causing confusion among Bx4 riders. As for Country Club they should of received no service at all cause all they did when the Bx14 was running was complained about it taking up space in their little tight Philadelphia like streets

Archived