A Small Question About Euclid Avenue (C) And Myrtle Avenue (M)

EE Broadway Local

In keeping with adding the neighborhood name to the terminal (Midtown-57th Street (Q), Inwood-207th Street (A), Kensington-Church Avenue (G), Lower East Side-Second Avenue (V), Long Island City-Court Square (G)) why isn't Euclid Avenue East New York-Euclid Avenue for the (C) and Myrtle Avenue Williamsburg-Myrtle Avenue for the (M) (I know the (M) terminates there only nights and weekends) - and now that I think of it, why isn't Broad Street Financial District-Broad Street for the (J)/(Z)?

I'm just curious why some terminal stations don't seem to have the neighborhood name like most terminal stations do, not asking if they should be renamed.

By the way, I know the (J)/(Z) terminates at Broad Street weekdays only and the (J) terminates at Chambers Street weekends.

Maybe in Euclid Avenues' case its' because the IND. originally named "Broadway Junction" Broadway-East New York.

In most cases the other spots are more permanent type terminals (where tracks physically end or where service just about never goes past in places it doesnt). New Lots Av (3) doesn't have a neighborhood attached to it, neither does Flatbush Avenue (2)(5) even though it has Brooklyn College attached to it. I think it definitely has to be in the "center" of a neighborhood and have no major point of interest nearby.

Some other points

(1) - Its clearly in Riverdale, but that park definitely takes precedence.

(2) - As for its south terminal, is it Midwood (the community on the west side of the college), Flatbush (where it's running through just north of the station), or East flatbush (who said exactly where that 'hood began).

(3) - 'Harlem' was only recently attached to Lenox terminal

(4) - There's no street name, just the neighborhood!

(6) - That park takes preference.

Just a few, and how consistent the inconsistency is

In most cases the other spots are more permanent type terminals (where tracks physically end or where service just about never goes past in places it doesnt). New Lots Av (3) doesn't have a neighborhood attached to it, neither does Flatbush Avenue (2)(5) even though it has Brooklyn College attached to it. I think it definitely has to be in the "center" of a neighborhood and have no major point of interest nearby.

Some other points

(2) - As for its south terminal, is it Midwood (the community on the west side of the college), Flatbush (where it's running through just north of the station), or East flatbush (who said exactly where that 'hood began).

Woodlawn is also the cemetary.

Some other points

If I'm not mistaken, most people call that neighborhood Pelham Bay anyways, So there wouldn't be much of a difference if it was named after that neighborhood.

Archived