X27B/X28B: Planned Service Changes and new bus schedule

LRG

How is this a "revival" of the X37/X38?????

Second, the X28 goes makes trips to Sea Gate because... it's Sea Gate... A private gated community. Makes sense that they would extend it there. I used to use the X28 on the weekends on Sundays when I didn't have access to the BM3 since it doesn't run on Sundays. They should've kept Saturday service on the X27 and X28 with 45 minute to 1 hour intervals.

:cool:

Second, the X28 goes makes trips to Sea Gate because... it's Sea Gate... A private gated community. Makes sense that they would extend it there. I used to use the X28 on the weekends on Sundays when I didn't have access to the BM3 since it doesn't run on Sundays. They should've kept Saturday service on the X27 and X28 with 45 minute to 1 hour intervals.

I was talking the history of X28/29/38 CI/Sea Gate bus service over last 30 years buddy.

This is a revival of a service that bypasses Lower Manhattan, which was the concept of the X37/X38 (I'm not saying it is equal to the former service, but the concept is the same)

As far as Sea Gate goes, I was surprised to find out that it isn't that high-income for a gated community. The median household income is $39,000 per year, which is low compared to most of the areas served by express buses. (See: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Sea-Gate-Brooklyn-NY.html)

This is a revival of a service that bypasses Lower Manhattan, which was the concept of the X37/X38 (I'm not saying it is equal to the former service, but the concept is the same)

As far as Sea Gate goes, I was surprised to find out that it isn't that high-income for a gated community. The median household income is $39,000 per year, which is low compared to most of the areas served by express buses. (See: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Sea-Gate-Brooklyn-NY.html)

It DOESN'T bypass Lower Manhattan... It does something similar to the X10B...

As far as Sea Gate goes, it's not what it used to be back in the old days. The demographics are changing down there as immigrants move in.

As far as Sea Gate goes, I was surprised to find out that it isn't that high-income for a gated community. The median household income is $39,000 per year, which is low compared to most of the areas served by express buses. (See: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...ooklyn-NY.html)

R7, err, Shortline won't like this, but...

Don't be fooled by the fact that Sea Gate is a gated community.... the nicest thing about Sea gate, is the "gate" (entrance) on surf av itself.

When you go between those gates, you'll see how much of a DUMP is... good chunk of the neighborhood looks as if it got hit by one huge tidal wave some time ago, specially the deeper you go into it..... you can have out there, no thank you....

It isn't. That's just it....

That's solely how they're choosing to market it.

current x27/28 riders will try this new diversion out... and they'll see that there's not too much of a time savings b/w what the core route does, and what the 27b/28b will do.....

R7, err, Shortline won't like this, but...

Don't be fooled by the fact that Sea Gate is a gated community.... the nicest thing about Sea gate, is the "gate" (entrance) on surf av itself.

When you go between those gates, you'll see how much of a DUMP is... good chunk of the neighborhood looks as if it got hit by one huge tidal wave some time ago, specially the deeper you go into it..... you can have out there, no thank you....

It isn't. That's just it....

That's solely how they're choosing to market it.

current x27/28 riders will try this new diversion out... and they'll see that there's not too much of a time savings b/w what the core route does, and what the 27b/28b will do.....

Just as I said and thought... It's just like a X10B...

And regarding Sea Gate... It's nothing what it used to be...

Archived