Winter Weather Service Advisory 1/7/11

East New York

(MTA) - We expect to run normal service on all MTA services this morning, but please monitor http://www.mta.info as well as media reports for the latest service update. Long Island Rail Road will be providing extra afternoon service today for customers wishing to leave the city early for the weekend.

With weather forecasts calling for a winter storm, the MTA began preparations yesterday to ensure safe travel across the region. Manpower has been deployed, snow-fighting equipment prepared to keep rails free of ice and snow, and chains put on bus tires. In addition, New York City Transit has cancelled all planned service changes for this weekend.

We urge all of our customers to take extra care when traveling during the storm. Stay clear of the platform edges, use handrails on staircases and walk carefully when entering or exiting stations and boarding or leaving trains and buses. Please allow extra time for travel during the storm.

As of 8:50 am

After the post-x-mas '10 blizzard fisaco that caused national and international embrassment, aka the (A) train being stuck for 8 hours w/ that Daily News reporter on it. The (A) train delays was a lead story in San Diego and it's not every day the (NYCT) subways are mentioned on their news.

I am sure even about 4 inches of snow will covered from blanket to toe by the (MTA) and DSNY for this storm. 1/7/11

I could've sworn I signed up for that e-mail alert and I never got one e-mail from the MTA the entire time except for the first one for me to confirm my e-mail address, which I did.

Right! The system is flawed. I don't know what it is, but it needs to be fixed ASAP!

Right! The system is flawed. I don't know what it is, but it needs to be fixed ASAP!

I get plenty of emails (a couple thousand since May 2010 from all lines combined), but I've heard of people that some people don't get anything.

Due to a Winter storm watch (A) train service in both directions is running local between Inwood-207th Street and 145th Street.

Due to a Winter storm watch (D) train service in both directions is running local between Norwood-205th Street and 145th Street.

Due to a Winter storm watch, (N) train service Uptown is running local between 59th and 36th Streets

Due to the Winter storm watch, BX19 buses aren't operating into Riverbank State Park at this time

Due to the Winter storm watch, M4 buses aren't operating into The Cloisters at this time

M11 buses aren't operating into Riverbank State Park at this time

Archived