TV Screens

subwayboy

:confused: Do you mean the FINDs or the monitors in the PATH PA-5 cars?

This is the first I'm hearing of TV Screens in New York City subway cars.

He's referring to those little screens that displays advertisments and route designation.

Yeah, I meant the TVs that looped the baseball stuff, but also in relation to the FINDs and PATH TVs. I mean, with the great success of the baseball post season highlights on the in-car TVs, why doesn't the MTA capitalize more on the other on-board LCD screens like the FIND screens? PATH TV seems to do well with it.

I read that the 42nd St shuttle brief baseball TV campaign made $100M for the MTA!;)

I'm guessing the LCD screens are moved into storage waiting for another advertisement to be used?

We're from Toronto, and love visiting NYC, but only get down once in a while. So, what are the LCDs on the FIND system showing these days? Any interesting videos or ads? Or are they still saying they are "testing the system", etc?

We're from Toronto, and love visiting NYC, but only get down once in a while. So, what are the LCDs on the FIND system showing these days? Any interesting videos or ads? Or are they still saying they are "testing the system", etc?

On the R160 FINDs it displays the route of the train, usually it will show some various clips of MTA ads, such as "If you see something, Say something

On the R160 FINDs it displays the route of the train, usually it will show some various clips of MTA ads, such as "If you see something, Say something

The FIND is for information, not for advertisements

Thanks, that's informative;) Do I remember correctly (from Toronto, sorry, can't exactly remember) - there being two separate portions to the FIND system - on the right side is a long, rectangular schematic, map-like, lit-up subway route which shows stationstops and where you are en-route, and on the left, is an embeded square-shaped LCD television on which the MTA (or whoever is licensed to do so) can paly video clips with no sound? If so, my question is, why isn't MTA selling that LCD TV space for ads, intermixed with some passenger value-added stuff by now?

The MLB / TBS on-car video campaign during last fall's post-season play on the 42nd street shuttle seemed well received.

Thanks, that's informative;) Do I remember correctly (from Toronto, sorry, can't exactly remember) - there being two separate portions to the FIND system - on the right side is a long, rectangular schematic, map-like, lit-up subway route which shows stationstops and where you are en-route, and on the left, is an embeded square-shaped LCD television on which the MTA (or whoever is licensed to do so) can paly video clips with no sound? If so, my question is, why isn't MTA selling that LCD TV space for ads, intermixed with some passenger value-added stuff by now?

The MLB / TBS on-car video campaign during last fall's post-season play on the 42nd street shuttle seemed well received.

The small screen on the left is currently used to display the route bullet, line routing (ie 8th Avenue Local), and sometimes public notices, which is more informative to riders than ads.

Guest lance25

In my opinion, they should use those LCD screens for something other than "If you see something, say something" or about the "brand new R160s". Whether that's for ad space or for useful information, such as service advisories or something, is up to them.

In my opinion, they should use those LCD screens for something other than "If you see something, say something" or about the "brand new R160s". Whether that's for ad space or for useful information, such as service advisories or something, is up to them.

Agreed. It otherwise seems like a waste of space and technology.

Anybody know why they have taken so long to utilize the LCDs? And whether they in fact do have any plans for them?

Agreed. It otherwise seems like a waste of space and technology.

Anybody know why they have taken so long to utilize the LCDs? And whether they in fact do have any plans for them?

It is not a waste of space, nor technology, it shows the route and its destination which is a necessity.

It is not a waste of space, nor technology, it shows the route and its destination which is a necessity.

Agreed, but aren't the route and destinations shown on the long LED strip to the right, whereas they could be using the LCD TV screens to the left for more than that?

(sorry, this is a repeat of my post above) still a newbee.

Guest lance25

It's not like the FIND screen is the only place riders can find the route or the train's destination. It's also on the LED displays inside on each end of the car and on the exterior signs.

It's not like the FIND screen is the only place riders can find the route or the train's destination. It's also on the LED displays inside on each end of the car and on the exterior signs.

True enough! SO why don't they use the FIND LCD TV screens for something more useful?

Archived