tower hill station

I figure a few of you guys might like this

4/30/10

just a scouting trip for a larger more well prepared trip. when me and my friend got bored one friday afternoon in late april we decided to take a trip out to the neighborhood of port richmond. after some debate on whether or not we took the right bus and proper in transit security procedures for my friends $400 camera we got off the bus and walked a few blocks to the street where the P.O.E. (point of entry) was. climbing up to where the track bed was we noticed some old track rusting away. Since it was april there was quite alot of brush and thorn bushes which made my friend regret wearing shorts that day. we then proceded to the closest former station which was the tower hill station. the approach to the station was mostly overgrown but there was somewhat of a path which we took. since there were some thorn bushes i was doing point (walking in front) and attempting to kick down thorn bushes. about 150 feet away from the station we found a 20 foot high anti scale fence. we were about ready to admit defeat. but ALAS! (i wanted to use that word since i started writing this) there was a gaping hole in the fence most likely cut by the stoners from the highschool or one of the many junkies in the area. we proceded to clime through the hole and take a rest on a track embankment. it was rather peacful there. the we proceded to the station while my friend was taking a few pictures. i decided to climb over onto the staris leading up to the platform and then over to the platform itself where i was greeted to several random holes in the platform which led to serious injury or death (yay)

my friend warned me a few times of the danger. as i was walking past one of the gaping holes i commented that if i fell there was no way in hell i would be getting out without getting the fire department or ESU there. while i was up on the platform some guy with people in a car dressed in blue (possibly a member of the crips) started yelling at us so i gave him some BS story and we took a few parting shots and bid farewell to the tower hill station. as we made our way to the bus we kept making sure we werent folowed by the guys in the car. when we got on the bus we noticed another abandoned station which we would have made our way too if we werent yelled at. and when the bus went down the block we saw an NYPD mobile command center with several cops looking in the direction of the abandoned train station. if we had made it to the other train station we would have been seen by the cops and therefor SCREWED. we laughed this off and made our merry way to get dinner.

078-vi.jpg

081-vi.jpg

082-vi.jpg

063-vi.jpg

066-vi.jpg

067-vi.jpg

(the car closest to the bottom was associated to the guy that started yelling)

068-vi.jpg

069-vi.jpg

071-vi.jpg

069-vi.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived