Some pattern on CI R160s

Calvin

Tday, when I was riding the (Q), I got the R160B siemens but somethin is on my mind, i dont kno why theres 10-15 R160B siemens passin by and like 5-8 sets of Alstom.

Also, why is it that im seein only once a day R160A-2 full set?

CI has only 60 R160A's 8653-8712 compared to over 400 R160B's (8723-9142). I maybe off 10-20 cars on the Kawasaki R160's. The first R160B 8713-8722 had been moved to Jamaica over a year ago although I ride the E train regularly and have not seen it in service on the E for months. I am not certain whether 9143-9152 is at CI or Jamaica

Yep, this is what became the transit community; worrying about car assignments instead of worrying about non-transit related stuff.

Yup it's amazing what they choose to prioritize. These same people can't differentiate older equipment, have no understanding of the history of the routes and companies that came before MTA NYCT, and don't know the slightest of technical information about subway cars and how they work...yet they have the nerves to declare themselves "interested" in this stuff.

It's a losing battle that I half-assedly fight on here when I feel like with sarcastic comments like the one above in the hopes that people will learn, but in the end "it is what it is"

There's a reason I defend the newbies when they ask questions trying to learn more but the same shit with car moves I don't bother with because as soon as you learn it something will change and you're back to knowing nothing. Better to know that which will not change or has historical significance as far as transit is concerned.

Archived