I have a problem

9phoneman

I was going for the medical friday to become a cleaner

I took all the test except the whiz test

I took the ekg the result ended up as sinus tachycardia abnorminal. The doctor gave me another 30 minutes to test me again. She did the pulse test.The doctor told me to come back monday to be retested. If I don't go to go to my doctor tuesday. She told me take this note to the doctor which states that I have an elelvated high heart rate along with 9 test for the doctor to perfrom. I was very nervous and I some coffee that day and they days leading up to the exam.

Question number 1 If my doctor writes that I can work does he have to provide all doc on all 9 exams? Question 2 Is it wise to go to my doctor first then see the mta doctor again? Question 3 if I am on medical hold it takes about 2/3 weeks doing all the tests can the mta disqualify me or will they offer me the cleaning postion again? I need advice. Thanks

Question number 1 If my doctor writes that I can work does he have to provide all doc on all 9 exams? Question 2 Is it wise to go to my doctor first then see the mta doctor again? Question 3 if I am on medical hold it takes about 2/3 weeks doing all the tests can the mta disqualify me or will they offer me the cleaning postion again? I need advice. Thanks

1) Yes he does

2) It is not only wise, it is strongly encouraged

3) They won't disqualify you. You'll be able to get the Cleaner job once you have satisfied all of the medical requirements, but you will lose seniority until then.

I went to my doctor I took the ekg at his office and I pass. He worte a note stating I can return with no limitations and I don't have tachycardia. He also provided a copy of the ekg. I went to the medical they made me retest the ekg they but still if come up with that I have sinus tachycardia but the ekg last more then 30 minutes is this rare? My docotrs ekg last the normal 10minutes. I thought my doctors word sticks. In his words he mention that blood test was done and echo is schedule. The mta doctor stated to me bring in the results of both exams. If nothing shows up what would happen next. I feel that the mta is serving me crap.

I went to my doctor I took the ekg at his office and I pass. He worte a note stating I can return with no limitations and I don't have tachycardia. He also provided a copy of the ekg. I went to the medical they made me retest the ekg they but still if come up with that I have sinus tachycardia but the ekg last more then 30 minutes is this rare? My docotrs ekg last the normal 10minutes. I thought my doctors word sticks. In his words he mention that blood test was done and echo is schedule. The mta doctor stated to me bring in the results of both exams. If nothing shows up what would happen next. I feel that the mta is serving me crap.

Sounds like the MTA doctor is bullshitting you and giving you the run around.

They told me when I got down there again they going to be with me. I was thinking should I request that another mta doctor exmine me because I feel this docotor is only going to lead to problems. They mention medical appeal but I heard it takes awhile.

So what should I do.

Only listen to someone that knows what they are talking about and no one else. If you have the phone number to the union, call them. Unless someone here has gone through exactly what you are going through, they can't help you. It's like asking a blind man to let you know if it's safe to cross the street.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I return to the mta medical with doctors notes,exams etc. I got clear by the MTA doctor to be come a cleaner. I want to thank every one for there input. It help alot. I hope that my info would help other people who are in my situation. Thanks

Archived