"List Established:" What Does This Mean?

Donald

The list for conductor exam 8094 was just established. What does this mean? The test was given over 2 years ago, so a list has been in existence for well over a year, yet the list was "established" as of February 11. Does this mean they are going to call from it soon?

And yes, I know there are other threads about this topic, but all of them have been locked.

Thanks!

The list for conductor exam 8094 was just established. What does this mean? The test was given over 2 years ago, so a list has been in existence for well over a year, yet the list was "established" as of February 11. Does this mean they are going to call from it soon?

And yes, I know there are other threads about this topic, but all of them have been locked.

Thanks!

It means you seriously need to stop this crap.

Has anyone else given up on being hired by the MTA? I scored in the low 400s on conductor exam 8094 (open competitive) and have heard absolutely nothing back, other than getting my socre. I have pretty much forgotten about ever being hired and am instead taking every other civils ervice test I am qualified for and might even go back to school to get certified in HVAC repair.

And to be honest, deep down inside, I am hoping that I never hear back because stepping over 3rd rails all day scares the poop out of me. For all of the train buffs here, being a conductor or even a TO is not as glamorous as you think it is. You will likely hate the job within a week. My father is a retired conductor, so I know A LOT about the job. Odd hours. Rats. Homeless/ crazy people. 3rd rails. Close encounters with moving trains. The list goes on. And by the time you retire, 50% of your hearing will be gone.

I will let Harry handle you. I kick around stones, not pebbles like you "Conductor's" son.

Thanks!

Ask your "Dad".....

Archived