My View Of The R160B Siemens Trains.

Cait Sith

Ok, well here's a few things i'd like to say about the R160B Siemens trains

First off, the amount of trains running on the (N) line is crazy! There's more Siemens trains then Alstom propulsion trains running on weekdays. I miss the times when finding a Siemens train was such a great event since those trains used to be rare. Now its like what....5 days on weekdays and 4 on weekends.

Don't get me wrong, I love the R160B Siemens trains but they are running too many ! The rarity of those trains used to be awesome to catch, now its like an everyday cycle. I like how the (N) Train is mixed up with both R160s and R68 trains but there has been more Siemens trains then Alstom trains. I know some of you perfer the Siemens over Alstom and vice-versa. But I wish that the MTA would balance out the trains.

As for the upcoming option orders, Those will be a sight to behold now, propulsion and all

As a commuter who uses them to ride to work everyday I liked them over the R68 hands down. To tell you the truth, the more the better. I'm just tired of the R68's already. I am more comfortable riding the 160's to work.

That I agree with. But today I went out on a Scouting on the (N) Line and there were more R160 Siemens over R160 Alstom trains running with 4 R68 (N) trains. I mean I love the way they split the R142 and R142A trains on the (4) Is fantastic, but on the (N), they are just making a complete mess of it

really? i haven't ridden in a siemens train since like december of last year, every time i ride the N train i get a regular one

the siemens is a good train, the acceleration is more smooth and isn't bumpy like the regular ones and they also feel like its going faster than the regular ones

yep, there has been alot more Siemens trains running on the (N) now. At the moment I am anticipating the arrival of the Testing of the Option Order Trains. Knowing that most of these are Siemens cars, I hope some of these will be Alstom propulsion as well

Ok, well here's a few things i'd like to say about the R160B Siemens trains

First off, the amount of trains running on the (N) line is crazy! There's more Siemens trains then Alstom propulsion trains running on weekdays. I miss the times when finding a Siemens train was such a great event since those trains used to be rare. Now its like what....5 days on weekdays and 4 on weekends.

Don't get me wrong, I love the R160B Siemens trains but they are running too many ! The rarity of those trains used to be awesome to catch, now its like an everyday cycle. I like how the (N) Train is mixed up with both R160s and R68 trains but there has been more Siemens trains then Alstom trains. I know some of you perfer the Siemens over Alstom and vice-versa. But I wish that the MTA would balance out the trains.

As for the upcoming option orders, Those will be a sight to behold now, propulsion and all

The reason for that is the Alstom Propulsion trains are getting a upgrade, ones which the newer Siemens trains already have

Archived