Some OLD BUS pics

cartmn1210

Nice. Where was that second pic taken?

When I started the job 11 Years ago, an oldtimer back then gave us that pic. It was taken in a storage yard that was under the Bayonne Bridge on the corner of Richmond Terrace and John St.

Nice blasts from the past.

Funny that you should place those 5305s in this post; they began a feature that would persist on NYC transit-style buses for 40 years---the yellow flashing lights. Were they all originally assigned to Staten Island (8801-8933)?

As for the S103, that is today's S79 route, and I'm sure most of us have pics of 9098 B)

The S112 is the S62.

BTW, question: When did the S7 (now the S53) come about?

Nice blasts from the past.

Funny that you should place those 5305s in this post; they began a feature that would persist on NYC transit-style buses for 40 years---the yellow flashing lights. Were they all originally assigned to Staten Island (8801-8933)?

As for the S103, that is today's S79 route, and I'm sure most of us have pics of 9098 :)

The S112 is the S62.

BTW, question: When did the S7 (now the S53) come about?

Not sure bout the 7(53). My parents rode it "BACK IN THE DAY" they say prob in the 50's. The 103 as picture is actually the 78. The 103 had 2 lines. The ferry bus became 78, that bus I rode to school back in my day which wasn't that far back, (89-93).

Not sure bout the 7(53). My parents rode it "BACK IN THE DAY" they say prob in the 50's. The 103 as picture is actually the 78. The 103 had 2 lines. The ferry bus became 78, that bus I rode to school back in my day which wasn't that far back, (89-93).

That begs the next question---which you may not be able to answer: Before 1964, what was the route of the 7?

As for those 5305s in the yard, are those end-of-life buses awaiting transfer to a scrapyard?

That begs the next question---which you may not be able to answer: Before 1964, what was the route of the 7?

As for those 5305s in the yard, are those end-of-life buses awaiting transfer to a scrapyard?

I have to look and see. We have an old Island bus map at work not sure from when though.

Archived