Why are their so many 12-9s this year?

r40s 4501

Couldn't the same be said for the sexual harassment prevention and reporting ads and a few of the safety ads on the trains and buses? Those are things the TA doesn't need to post, since sexual harassment is something beyond the control of the TA.

I'm with you on that, but with 12-9s they're capable of backing up service for a really long time, compared to someone bring pickpocketed or someone gets horny at the wrong time and gets a feel off some random broad. It's safe to say the last thing anyone wants to worry about is how someone will inconvenience thousands of riders by throwing themselves in front of a train but at the same time we don't want to be taken under siege by some mad man and have a Pelham 123 repeat. I guess it all comes down to what the MTA sees gets more priority but hey they aren't miracle workers either.

There should be ads for these hot-lines, but I doubt that an ad will change the mind of someone who has already gone into the station and is about to jump. Suicide prevention needs to start before someone has decided to end it all.

I think that the city needs to do more. I notice that I haven't heard anything about these on the news. Perhaps the problem is that they're becoming too common and so they're not worthy enough to be discussed. :(

I think that the city needs to do more. I notice that I haven't heard anything about these on the news. Perhaps the problem is that they're becoming too common and so they're not worthy enough to be discussed. :(

The DOH should be doing more, but i don't think they should specifically mention people jumping in front of subway trains or how ever else people want to go out for that matter. I do think that some poster on the platform is a total waste of the paper its printed on because if some one has already gone into the station, there is little chance of changing their mind. I think that running some PSAs on TV and radio would be a bit better then ads in the subway.

The DOH should be doing more, but i don't think they should specifically mention people jumping in front of subway trains or how ever else people want to go out for that matter. I do think that some poster on the platform is a total waste of the paper its printed on because if some one has already gone into the station, there is little chance of changing their mind. I think that running some PSAs on TV and radio would be a bit better then ads in the subway.

I agree and I don't think the ads on subways would be appropriate either.

Archived