Lack of air Conditioning today

Abba

I rode 5 trains today, (A)(C)(D)(E) & (4). Only a couple of cars was air-conditoned on the (4), I was wondering why Bronx bound train at 125 was so empty and it had the heat on :eek:. The rest didn't have nothing, no heat or A/C.

Are you overweight? Why would there be a need for A/C? Its not even in the 80 degree temps and the humidity isnt high enough..

Are you serious? I was on a (5) earlier and even with the AC blowing really loudly I still felt a little hot.

Are you overweight? Why would there be a need for A/C? Its not even in the 80 degree temps and the humidity isnt high enough..

A few of the trains I rode today were blowing hot air. The R160s A/C system is odd, each car has its own thermostat and the A/Cs go on and off at different times. Some will blow cold air while the next car will be hot. Also, they make some of that stations incredibly hot.

A few of the trains I rode today were blowing hot air. The R160s A/C system is odd, each car has its own thermostat and the A/Cs go on and off at different times. Some will blow cold air while the next car will be hot. Also, they make some of that stations incredibly hot.

There's manuel control...right?

Today i went of 4 different trains.Only 1 was air conditioned.I know i might be stupid for starting a thread about this.But i want to know if anyone experienced the same.

All my rides these two days on (7) and (1) went with air-conditioned cars.

Borough Hall (2)(3)(4)(5) was pretty hot.While kingston (3) was nice and cool.

Today i went of 4 different trains.Only 1 was air conditioned.I know i might be stupid for starting a thread about this.But i want to know if anyone experienced the same.

I have had it with the number 1 train line. 3 days in a row I hit un- air conditioned cars. Maybe they were even the same car the different times I rode. I'll have to make note.

Do they ever service these cars to get air working??

Thanks

ronnyc

Archived