Rollsign Question

While we are on the topic I have to ask how come every car that went through the GOH didn't have lighted rollsigns like in this pic here?

img_2986.jpg

Idk maybe because it was the 60's-80's technology was slow then compared to now with at least 20 mil websites. Like back then the trains when they left a third rail it went dark until they went to another.

like R42 M train said you can buy it off the MTA on that site. i already bought a R42 rollsign but i'm still waiting for it to be delivered. so far the only rollsigns that are available for sale are the R40 rollsign, R42 rollsign, and the R32 rollsign.

Idk maybe because it was the 60's-80's technology was slow then compared to now with at least 20 mil websites. Like back then the trains when they left a third rail it went dark until they went to another.

That doesn't answer MC CJ's question abloyt the lights in the rollsign box at all. If technology was slow back then how come today's side rollsign boxes don't have lights whereas pre-GOH side rollsign boxes did?

While we are on the topic I have to ask how come every car that went through the GOH didn't have lighted rollsigns like in this pic here?[/img]

All the cars that went through GOH and received new sign boxes did not light up. My Redbird sign had all the connections to light it up while my R32 sign box has nothing for lights. I'll have to go look at a Redbird next time I can, but I think the side sign change over key was removed meaning that the signs could not be changes to light up properly. Also, it was an extra thing to fix so why spend the money.

Archived