Driverless Bus

SirJokaPlaya

This is actually a great compromise solution for areas that are too spread out for traditional commuter rail/light rail service. A busway allows for completely traffic-free provision of service at up to 70mph in between suburban communities at a much lower cost than a full-scale railway or light rail line, and grade crossings would enable the bus to temporarily leave the busway make local stops inside these areas instead of making everyone travel to a centrally located railway station. Then, if/when the demand for service outpaces what the busway can do, you can convert it into a commuter rail or light rail line along its length and either tie it into the existing system or place a terminal station at each end. I can't really see this working in some of the parts of NYC that most need it (can anyone say Second Ave?) but there are other spots (Northern Blvd in Queens, Pelham Parkway east of Hughes Av in the Bronx) along which such a project would do really well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14405734

Now, that's a interesting concept. Imagine if that was here in the States, especially in NY/NJ. And look at the drivers cockpit at the start. Now that's secure, man.

I think this can make the NJT 88 more punctual if they widen JFK blvd that may be possible. Then other parts of hudson I don't really know the GSP can use it also.

Archived