Do You Like "Retro" TV And TV Shows?

EE Broadway Local

I'm inquiring about two (2) types of "retro" here: Do you watch/like "retro" tv shows like the New Hawaii Five-O and the upcoming New Charlie's Angels and Pan Am (I think Pan American doesn't exist anymore?) and have you seen "MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Televison)" Channel yet?

Here in Tucson, MeTV is KOLD CBS TV Channel 13.2 and I enjoy the original Hawaii Five-O and Hogan's Heroes weekdays. Sometimes I also enjoy Mary Tyler Moore and the **** Van Dyke Show.

I do enjoy the New Hawaii Five-O also. Pan Am looks like it might be interesting.

"Retro" means remake, means station heads do not want to risk putting anything on the air that might be edgy or new, means recycling old, tired plots that were only originial and entertaining in the 60's. Plus the actors on the remakes are never as good as the originals.

Pan-Am is just a take-off on mad men, which isn't even dead yet!

Thank you very much for your opinion. I just looked it up and Pan-Am ceased operartions on December 4, 1991.

There will be one stewardess that has her hair in a bang and, I think, it is actress Miss Karine Vanasse.

I thought I had heard and, indeed, Wo Fat is a character on the new Hawaii Five-O.

"Retro" means remake, means station heads do not want to risk putting anything on the air that might be edgy or new, means recycling old, tired plots that were only originial and entertaining in the 60's. Plus the actors on the remakes are never as good as the originals.

Pan-Am is just a take-off on mad men, which isn't even dead yet!

I watch a lot of TV Land on Directv I love alot of the 70s and 80s series ...

Gomer Pyle,Hogans Heros,Gilligan and of course M.A.S.H plus many others of that era i am not much into remakes of the shows.I worked at BWI Airport when Pan AM was shutting down. Everyone over 40 calls me Dan-O alot( my name is Dan) thanks to Hawii five-0 no big deal i like that show too(origanil)

Archived