GO Alert Sep 17: Hammels Shuttle included!

Amtrak7

@Wallyhorse: Like I said before, if someone has time to kill or more money on their MetroCards to make all these connections or walk from another line to Lexington Avenue, then sure, they can use your ideas. However, said people probably don't have that luxury.

@MikeGerald: That's the curse of inheriting a transit system originally built by three separate, competing companies. It is a shame that 70 years after unification, the system is still as disjointed in places as it was before 1940. At least there have been some improvements over the years to remedy some of these problems though. For example, we have the 11th Street Connection, that connects the Broadway mainline to Queens Blvd, or the Chrystie Street Connection, allowing today's (M) to traverse both the BMT Jamaica elevated and the IND 6th Ave Line. Now if we can do something about the (G) and its lack of transfers outside of the original IND lines...

I Hope The R32's Are Still On the (A) they could use them for this shuttle, That would Be Epic, Its due to work on the Bridge I beleve

There are a few sets of R32s still on the A.

Posted: 09/14/2011 5:40PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to switch problems at the Franklin Avenue Station:

Downtown (2) trains are running on the (3) line from the Franklin Avenue Station to the New Lots Avenue Station.

Select downtown (2) and (3) trains are terminating at the South Ferry Station.

Select downtown (4) and (5) trains are terminating at the Bowling Green Station.

Downtown (5) trains are running express from the Franklin Avenue Station to the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station.

Shuttle train service is being provided from the President Street Station to the Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take B44 bus making nearby station stops.

Please allow additional travel time.

You don't see (2) and (3) trains going to South Ferry everyday! :confused:

Archived