Autumn Open Houses

Mysterious2train

It's that time of year again!

The (MTA) has listed on their site open houses pertaining to studies and improvements of bus service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, the 15th:

If you're reading this, than you missed yesterday's Staten Islandmeeting about S79 SBS... err... I mean... 'alternative transit improvement options' for Hylan Blvd. ..I don't know why I put this here.

Wednesday September 21st:

Staten Island North Shore Alternatives

Analysis Study Open House

Apparently this is going to be an examination of options for the North Shore, including reactivating the old North Shore Line or whatnot.

EDIT: Checkmate beat me to the punch in reporting this in the North Shore Rail thread. Ninja'd :(

Tuesday, October 4th

Nostrand Avenue/Rogers Avenue Open House

Basically an open house about B44 SBS. I'm guessing it'll be exactly the same as the Open House I went to last year. I think it's even in the exact same room at Brooklyn College.

I'll go, just to see if anything's changed. One of the wrapped-up LFSAs from 126th St Depot should be making a cameo, just like last year.

The (MTA)'s site has this listed for Thursday October 4th; that's an error and the correct date is Tuesday the 4th.

See the B44 +Select Bus Service thread here. See a 2nd thread here.

[Or maybe, the (MTA) messed up the date on purpose, to dissaude people from coming :(]

Thursday October 6th and Tuesday October 11th:

34th Street Select Bus Service Open House

Two different open houses on two different dates for 34th St SBS. I do think it's interesting how the M34 itself is never stated to be the SBS route, only "34th St Select Bus Service" is mentioned.

I can't make these, can any one in Manhattan like Cait Sith or whatever make one of these?

Oh yeah, M34 +Select Bus Service thread here.

Discuss.

Thursday October 6th and Tuesday October 11th:

34th Street Select Bus Service Open House

Two different open houses on two different dates for 34th St SBS. I do think it's interesting how the M34 itself is never stated to be the SBS route, only "34th St Select Bus Service" is mentioned.

I can't make these, can any one in Manhattan like Cait Sith or whatever make one of these?

Oh yeah, M34 +Select Bus Service thread here.

Discuss.

You know, I might be going to that M34 SBS open house. Thanks for bringing that up.

Two Community Board meetings about B44 SBS within the next three weeks.

Forget the open house, the community board meetings are the ones that are vital to attend. Still, the DOT usually uploads the PowerPoint presentations presented there on the relevant pages on their site, so it's not vital to attend.

Since the DOT on its site doesn't make full pages for each of their bulletins/events like the (MTA) does on its site, I figured it'd be easier to just take screenshots. The full list of meetings and stuff is here.

BrooklynCommunityBoard3Meeting.png

BrooklynCommunityBoard8Meeting.png

The first one (1368 Fulton Street) is near Fulton & New York. Specifically, around Fulton St & Marcy Av.

The other one is on Washington Avenue between Dean & Bergen Streets.

While I do love any excuse to bump this thread despite the fact that no one probably cares, I did genuinely forget one of the B44 SBS Community Board meetings.

For Community Board 8, It's at M.S. 61 this Tuesday [the 27th] at 7 PM

M.S. 61 is at Empire Blvd and NY Av.

Carry on.

Archived