N51/52/53 Question

VWM

question about The now desceased shuttle bus services. The N52 was combing with the N53 to save money. The N53 was cut in the "doomsday cuts." But... I see buses that used to run on the N53 (the shuttle buses) run up and down Merrick Avenue and the other day I saw someone got dropped off at their house on my block... can ANYONE elaborate?

question about The now desceased shuttle bus services. The N52 was combing with the N53 to save money. The N53 was cut in the "doomsday cuts." But... I see buses that used to run on the N53 (the shuttle buses) run up and down Merrick Avenue and the other day I saw someone got dropped off at their house on my block... can ANYONE elaborate?

I think there is no N52. Maybe Twenty22, PinePower, Jeol Front or Amtrak7 could correct me)

N53 was Merrick Shuttle which started at Freeport Station, which was loop, which maybe LIB riders wanted this bus to be saved.

I think there is no N52. Maybe Twenty22, PinePower, Jeol Front or Amtrak7 could correct me)

N53 was Merrick Shuttle which started at Freeport Station, which was loop, which maybe LIB riders wanted this bus to be saved.

There used to be an N52. It was merged into the N53, which was then discontinued.

Screenshot of an old PDF map:

n52f.png

What you saw was one of the para-transit buses.

what are para-transit buses

How can you not know about paratransit?

Every public transportation has paratransit, which operates door to door service for people with disability who cannot walk, take regular transportation or ferry.

Paratransit in Nassau County, NYC, Westchester County, Connectiut, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington DC has paratransit.

Archived