A Giant Heist

Trainspotter

A Giant Heist

Thieves made off with a sack of Big Blue Super Bowl rings during a crafty heist in the heart of New England Patriots country, officials said yesterday.

The burglars broke into the offices of E.A. Dion Inc. in Attleboro, Mass., over the weekend and made off with up to $2 million in gold, diamonds and jewels - including rings set for the New York Giants, cops said.

The stolen goods weighed a cumulative 1,000 pounds.

Full story: nypost_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - June 12, 2008

New England is the most classless sports fans in the country. I lived there for 4 years for school and you could not PAY me enough to go back. They are all bandwagon sports fans who "recruit" and confront people who don't root for their teams. I live in NY but I could care less who YOUR sports teams are. They are the exact opposite. When they won the World Series in 2004 rubber bullets were flying. A year later the White Sox ended a LONGER drought and it was a quiet celebration and no one got hurt. That says a lot.

First the burying the stupid Ortiz jersey under new Yankee stadium now this. If the Celtics win the NBA Championship you are going to see a lot of people angry at New England, and it serves them right because they have No class. I mean you already got Curt Schilling, an over the hill injured crap Boston athlete who symbolizes their entire "nation" which is really a 3rd world country, smack talking Kobe Bryant who is the best player in the NBA. You could take your kid to any Boston sporting event and if he's not wearing something with the boston "B" for Bandwagoner your kid is going to get an earful from a bunch of grown a** men about how he's a little f****t and other garbage like that. And what kills me is ESPN loves this "die hard" crap they pull and think it's cute and adorable because it sells ESPN merchandise and promotes the network so they refuse to call it out as what it is.

Not to mention in New England the food sucks, and there's nothing to do over most of the region with the exception of skiing in Vermont and things to do in Connecticut. I've been to several major cities and Boston is by far the most depressing. It seems like there's never anyone in the streets and no where to really go or anything to do. There's a bunch of breweries, big deal, and the usual bars and restaurants which exist everywhere. Maybe that's why these clowns get so into their sports teams, nothing to do in Boston besides watch TV and talk about how great their athletes are, then that gets old so they get talking about how bad everyone else's are.

New England is the most classless sports fans in the country. I lived there for 4 years for school and you could not PAY me enough to go back. They are all bandwagon sports fans who "recruit" and confront people who don't root for their teams. I live in NY but I could care less who YOUR sports teams are. They are the exact opposite. When they won the World Series in 2004 rubber bullets were flying. A year later the White Sox ended a LONGER drought and it was a quiet celebration and no one got hurt. That says a lot.

First the burying the stupid Ortiz jersey under new Yankee stadium now this. If the Celtics win the NBA Championship you are going to see a lot of people angry at New England, and it serves them right because they have No class. I mean you already got Curt Schilling, an over the hill injured crap Boston athlete who symbolizes their entire "nation" which is really a 3rd world country, smack talking Kobe Bryant who is the best player in the NBA. You could take your kid to any Boston sporting event and if he's not wearing something with the boston "B" for Bandwagoner your kid is going to get an earful from a bunch of grown a** men about how he's a little f****t and other garbage like that. And what kills me is ESPN loves this "die hard" crap they pull and think it's cute and adorable because it sells ESPN merchandise and promotes the network so they refuse to call it out as what it is.

Not to mention in New England the food sucks, and there's nothing to do over most of the region with the exception of skiing in Vermont and things to do in Connecticut. I've been to several major cities and Boston is by far the most depressing. It seems like there's never anyone in the streets and no where to really go or anything to do. There's a bunch of breweries, big deal, and the usual bars and restaurants which exist everywhere. Maybe that's why these clowns get so into their sports teams, nothing to do in Boston besides watch TV and talk about how great their athletes are, then that gets old so they get talking about how bad everyone else's are.

Agree totally. I believe that it was only 10 years ago that Boston fans would just turn a blind eye to Yankee fans in Fenway, but look at now...

And look at Johnny Damon. The fans loved him up there. That is, until he jumped the wall to the Yankees. Then, they booed him mercilessly. That's right, New England, root for the rags. Ignore the great player you see before you because to you, it's just the laundry that matters.

They had that loss in the Super Bowl coming to them. The Pats were getting too boastful about their perfect season that they forgot that they still had to win one more game. And then it got away from them. 18-1. SO THERE. No videotaping involved (on the Giants' side).

It would be great if the Lakers could win the NBA Finals. Show Boston that they're not the center of the world. Manny being Manny? Meh. Brady the undefeatable? We defeated him. Schilling's bloody sock? Pfft.

Archived