Indy 500 champion Dan Wheldon dies in fiery wreck at Las Vegas motorspeedway

Shortline Bus

RIP Dan Wheldon. We lost a great champion today. Of all the years I been watching Indycars and NASCAR I have never seen a crash that I saw on TV today.

Yup. The biggest loss in all of the motor car sport i.e Forumla 1, Indy and Nascar since Dale Earnheadt. This sad story has gotten international news attention and even for tonight knocked off the global wall street protests off the headlines.

Yup. The biggest loss in all of the motor car sport i.e Forumla 1, Indy and Nascar since Dale Earnheadt. This sad story has gotten international news attention and even for tonight knocked off the global wall street protests off the headlines.

You guys seen the interviews of Danica Patrick, Dario Francitti, and Tony Kannan on ESPNEWS? I wanted to tear up. 2 time INDY 500 winner, including THIS YEAR's INDIANAPOLIS 500, 2005 IndyCar Champion, 2003 IndyCar Rookie of the year, great commentator on Versus when IndyCar was on Versus during the year. I'm stunned. RIP.

My jaw was on the floor when I saw the video on CNN. That's one massive wreck.

Speaking of the crash, i seen on newspaper/sports websites are complaining about fact, ESPN/ABC, CNN, and other replaying over and over and how it could be upseting to kids? Should the news stations replay that crash no matter it's very painful to watch?

Man today (10/17/11)at work the Wheldon crash is what the kids and other teaching/staff was talking about even more than the NFL and the start of the world series.

This has gotten international news coverage on the other side of the Atlantic even in Wheldon homeland in the UK.

Sky News.

BBC world news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO_EO4cwELc

Archived