Subway - What If?

VWM

NEXT

The outside tracks at 47/50 Sts are unusable.

Reroute: southbound (B)(D), northbound (F)(M), anything else as needed

I don't understand your changes!

(D) train - 8th Avenue Express downtown. Normal CPW service.

(B) train - 8th Avenue local downtown. Normal CPW service.

(F) train - 8th Avenue Express uptown. Runs via the 53rd St tunnel

(M) train - 8th Avenie Local uptown.

(M) train

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your changes!

(D) train - 8th Avenue Express downtown. Normal CPW service.

(B) train - 8th Avenue local downtown. Normal CPW service.

(F) train - 8th Avenue Express uptown. Runs via the 53rd St tunnel

(M) train - 8th Avenie Local uptown.

(M) train

Please, check a track map - these changes are quite unrealistic.

http://www.nycsubway.org/maps/track.html

Here's what I'd do:

(B)(D) Trains run in two sections - Bronx to 2 Av, via the (C) between 145 and W4 St, and West 4 St to Brooklyn.

(C) Downtown trains run express from 145 to Canal Sts.

(F) Uptown trains stop at the express track at 42 and 47/50 Sts.

(M) to Broad St.

PS Here's the unusable tracks, highlighted in black:

wkijrm.jpg

NEXT: The Cortlant Street Stop is closed in both directions. No trains can stop there. Also the (B) and (D) tracks on the Manhattan Bridge are closed.. The (R), (D), and (B) trains must be rerouted.

OBSTACLES:

-Provide Whitehall St with subway service to Brooklyn

-This will also incorporate buses. Shuttle bus service must be provided to the stations where subway service is not provided. Shuttle buses must connect to a station with a transfer on both sides.

Only one shuttle bus has to be run:

South Ferry-Canal Street-Grand Street-Jay Street-Atlantic Avenue.

(B): No trains b/w 145th Street and Prospect Park

(D): No trains b/w Second Avenue and 36th Street.

(R): No trains b/w Canal Street and Whitehall Street.

NEXT: The Cortlant Street Stop is closed in both directions. No trains can stop there. Also the (B) and (D) tracks on the Manhattan Bridge are closed.. The (R), (D), and (B) trains must be rerouted.

OBSTACLES:

-This will also incorporate buses. Shuttle bus service must be provided to the stations where subway service is not provided. Shuttle buses must connect to a station with a transfer on both sides.

(B) runs between the Bronx and Broadway-Lafayette

(D) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to Broadway-Lafayette - Whitehall Street to Coney Island

(R) runs via the bridge

=> (Q) runs local along Broadway to avoid merging issues

No shuttle bus service needed. (Especially since it's Manhattan and traffic is terrible downtown...)

Take the (B) to Broadway-Lafayette, transfer for a downtown (6) to Canal Street, transfer for a Brooklyn bound (Q) making all (B) stops.

Take the (D) to Broadway-Lafayette, transfer for a downtown (6) to Canal Street, transfer for a Brooklyn bound (Q)(R) to DeKalb, transfer to a Brooklyn bound (D)

For Lower Manhattan, take a Brooklyn bound (R) to 14th Street and transfer for a downtown (4)(5) making nearby stops. Or take a Queens bound (R) train to Atlantic-Pacific and transfer for a Bronx bound (4)(5) making nearby stops or a (D) to Whitehall Street.

Edited by Gorgor

(F) Coney Island-bound trains run express from Bergen Street (Lower Level) to Kings Highway

(D) Bronx-bound trains run via the (A) local from West 4th Street to 145th Street.

(R) trains in both directions run via the (F) between 36 Street, Queens and 57 Street-7 Avenue

(Q) No trains between 57 and 42 Streets

(A) and (C) Uptown trains run express from Canal to 145 Streets.

NEXT: the Broadway Line tracks on the Manhattan Bridge are unusable, and ONLY the middle track at Whitehall St is usable.

(N) Runs in two sections:

Between Queens and 34 Street-Herald Square.

Between 36 Street and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue.

(Q) Via 6th Avenue Express to 57 Street-7 Avenue.

(R) Uses middle track at Whitehall Street, both directions. Select trains Via Bridge, 6th Avenue Local

NEXT

No trains can pass City Hall, or the Manhattan Bridge north side. NOTE: all outer-boro lines must have the same tph to Manhattan as before.

Affected: (6), (B), (D), (R), others as needed

(5) No service between East 180 Street and Manhattan.

(6) Via Lexington Avenue Express.

(B) Suspended.

(D) Runs in two sections:

Between Bronx and Lower East Side-2 Avenue

Between 36 Street and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue.

(R) Via Bridge.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

OBSTACLES:

(B) Suspended.

Between Bronx and Lower East Side-2 Avenue.

Between Whitehall Street and Brooklyn, Via Montague St.

(R) Via Bridge.

Shuttle Bus: http://goo.gl/maps/zNi0

NEXT

The outside tracks at 47/50 Sts are unusable.

Reroute: southbound (B)(D), northbound (F)(M), anything else as needed

(B) Suspended.

Between Bronx and Lower East Side-2 Avenue, Via 8th Avenue Express.

Between West 4 Street-Washington Square and Brooklyn.

(F)(M) Stop at (B)(D) platform.

Always suspend the (B)! :lol:

@ RollOverMyHead Why are you posting so much stuff? This isn't what this thread is for.....

(B) runs between the Bronx and Broadway-Lafayette

Maybe the (B) should run to 2nd Avenue and run 6th Avenue Local and terminate at Second Avenue. Makes it easier.

I know a shuttle is not neccesary! Just to make it harder.

NEXT:

There is a problem at 42nd Street-Grand Central. The (4), (5), (6), (7) and (S) lines need to be rerouted.

Also the downtown track at 79th St is closed. Trains must run express.

Edited by jimmy7train

@ RollOverMyHead Why are you posting so much stuff? This isn't what this thread is for.....

Whatever! :angry:

I thought it was about service disruptions and weekend disruptions as well. I don't have to listen to anything you say, you are no damn moderator! I'm moving on....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Maybe the (B) should run to 2nd Avenue and run 6th Avenue Local and terminate at Second Avenue. Makes it easier.

I know a shuttle is not neccesary! Just to make it harder.

NEXT:

What do you mean by 'NEXT:'?

Whatever! :angry:

I thought it was about service disruptions and weekend disruptions as well. I don't have to listen to anything you say, you are no damn moderator! I'm moving on....

I was just sayin......wasn't tryin' to be mean to anybody, or to act like I'm a mod.....,.but I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

This thread is about rerouting trains for unplanned disruptions. And the point of having threads is staying on topic - or we might as well just have one big chat and post whatever we want there.

I'm 15 and I don't need an 11 year old telling me want to do. I didn't know it was all about rerouting trains for unplanned disruptions and nothing else. My mistake...I'll create a thread about disruptions then, about that...

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Stop! This thread is for unplanned service disruptions! The mods don't have to do everything. People can help out!

Did you even read my above post?... <_< I'd said "My mistake....I'll create a new thread for disruptions, about that..."

Carry on while I'm finally out....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

NEXT:

There is a problem at 42nd Street-Grand Central. The (4), (5), (6), (7) and (S) lines need to be rerouted.

Also the downtown track at 79th St is closed. Trains must run express.

(4) Runs in two sections:

Between Bronx and 125 Street.

Between Wall Street and Brooklyn.

(5) No service between East 180 Street and Brooklyn.

(6) No service between 125 Street and Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

(7) No service between Queensboro Plaza and Manhattan.

(S) Suspended.

As an alternative, use the M42 bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Downtown trains skip 86, 79, 66, 59, 50 Streets.

Please expect delays on the (1)(2)(3) lines.

As an alternative, take a (1)(2)(3) train to 42 or 72 Street and transfer to an uptown (1) local train.

Some ridiculous layup, and even then I only think they can reach Clinton-Washington...

That's why in parentheses I noted that some service begins and ends at Clinton-Washington or Utica Avenue, realizing not all (A) service could do the turnaraounds at Lafayette (though they should re-do the tracks there so (A) trains when running express can stop at Lafayette Avenue in both directions during events at the Barclays Center (which is reasonably close to that station), but that's another story). That was mainly done so at least half of the (A) trains serve Franklin Avenue in such an emergency.

I thought it was about service disruptions and weekend disruptions as well.
Well, please read the introduction to the thread before posting. This thread is about fictional scenarios and how people would solve them.
I don't have to listen to anything you say, you are no damn moderator! I'm moving on....
Dude, you should listen to what people say...There's no rule against telling people not to post things that don't fit in the thread. Just because it doesn't come from a mod doesn't mean it isn't valid.

I'm 15 and I don't need an 11 year old telling me want to do.

You most certainly do, if he's right and you're wrong. No need to get so upset at him; he wasn't disrespecting you.
My mistake...I'll create a thread about disruptions then, about that...
There already is a thread for that:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34484-unplanned-subway-service-changes-discussion/page__st__220

I was just sayin......wasn't tryin' to be mean to anybody, or to act like I'm a mod.....,.but I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You weren't mean, and you didn't do ANYTHING wrong. RollOverMyHead didn't read the thread before he posted, so it's not your fault for telling him what not to post. He needs to calm down and stop taking this personally.

Anyway, back to the thread...

That's why in parentheses I noted that some service begins and ends at Clinton-Washington or Utica Avenue, realizing not all (A) service could do the turnaraounds at Lafayette (though they should re-do the tracks there so (A) trains when running express can stop at Lafayette Avenue in both directions during events at the Barclays Center (which is reasonably close to that station), but that's another story). That was mainly done so at least half of the (A) trains serve Franklin Avenue in such an emergency.

Three words for you: single-track shuttle.

Did you even read my above post?... <_< I'd said "My mistake....I'll create a new thread for disruptions, about that..."

Carry on while I'm finally out....

Look man, no one was trying to boss you around. Chill out for a minute.

NEXT:

FASTRACK is finally in Brooklyn, and the 4th Avenue Line is shut down for the whole line, and the 9th Avenue Station is closed too.

How would you reroute trains?

Affected Lines:

(D)(N)(R)

First off, you're using the term FASTRACK wrong. FASTRACK is a program of shutting down an entire line in Manhattan only in Midtown which leaves people with alternatives no further than a couple blocks. Your scenario is just causing a nightmare for anyone traveling.

(D)(N) via Brighton express to Coney Island

(D) shuttle between Coney Island and 62nd Street. Northbound shuttle skips 20 Av, 18 Av, 79 St, 71 St

(N) shuttle between Coney Island and KIngs Highway

No trains run through Coney Island. You must transfer at Coney Island to continue your trip.

First off, you're using the term FASTRACK wrong. FASTRACK is a program of shutting down an entire line in Manhattan only in Midtown which leaves people with alternatives no further than a couple blocks. Your scenario is just causing a nightmare for anyone traveling.

My mistake, then..... I'll change it.