A New Jersey day

My plan was to start with a ride on DeCamp 32 to Nutley via Union City and Secaucus. However, because I got to the Port Authority at the last minutes, I missed that bus and ended up taking #8421 on the 33 to Monclair which came almost 45 minutes later.

NewJerseyDay007.jpg

NewJerseyDay006.jpg

Caught a picture of what I believe to be #8499 on Rockland Coaches' 45

I got off around Darling and Kingsley, thinking the 32 to New York wouldn't come until 17:00. As it may have turned out, a bus turned up signed as a 99 to New York. I paid it no mind until I looked and saw it as a 32. I ran for and the driver let me on, and for $1.15, I was able to ride this out to Bergenline Avenue and 31 St

NewJerseyDay012.jpg

I walked up to 32 St to wait for an 86 to Newport Mall.

NewJerseyDay014.jpg

NewJerseyDay015.jpg

NewJerseyDay016.jpg

However, my patience did not last and I ended up taking a jitney, which a soon realized had a defective doorway. At Newport Mall, the fare was around $1.50 to $2. However, since the driver gave most of his remaining singles to a young lady for paid for herself and an older woman she was traveling with, I ended up giving the driver just one dollar.

Then I navigated my way through the mall and came out to catch the 4 bus. The driver yelled that she was doing a Route 4 trip and that the Westside bus was close by. I got on the 4 bus, planning to take it to the Bergen Avenue bus. I took it all the way to the last stop where I was able to get a video.

I walked over to Garfield Avenue to get the Bergen Avenue bus, which I took to JFK Blvd. Unfortunately, I missed the 119 that I hoped to take to the PABT. I decided to wait for the next bus, struggling to resist the multitude of NABIs, Novas with the Stagecoach and A&C/MW designs, and JFK Blvd jitneys that passed.

NewJerseyDay027.jpg

NewJerseyDay028.jpg

Before I realized it, an hour had passed before the 119 finally showed up. I chatted with the driver and I found out the codes for the 119 line. I arrived at the PABT at around 20:30. The driver didn't go into the high story gates as I thought he would, but he pulled up into the lower level gates that Academy, Bonanza and Martz use.

NewJerseyDay034.jpg

I took the A and G trains home and took the B54 bus one stop(because I wanted to get home and out of the cold faster). However, I took the time to get a quick video before heading for my warm home.

they got the RTS' on those 119's huh....

I had the wtf face when I was on the 135 earlier this week, and saw a RTS on the 108 Newark.....

Anyway, where do you buy DeCamp tickets in PABT? I've been thinkin about fanning those routes.... only one I ever took was a 66R out of Montclair (after having came off a short turn NJT 28) towards NYC, where I paid cash...

Thanks everyone.

they got the RTS' on those 119's huh....

I had the wtf face when I was on the 135 earlier this week, and saw a RTS on the 108 Newark.....

Anyway, where do you buy DeCamp tickets in PABT? I've been thinkin about fanning those routes.... only one I ever took was a 66R out of Montclair (after having came off a short turn NJT 28) towards NYC, where I paid cash...

That's probably because Academy doesn't have any NABIs yet. As far as the DeCamp tickets, you have to get them from Academy when you're at the PABT.

That's probably because Academy doesn't have any NABIs yet.

As far as the DeCamp tickets, you have to get them from Academy when you're at the PABT.

That's odd... the academy booth/line on the 1st floor sells decamp tkts....

Guess I'll try that out then.

aight, thanks man.

Archived