what do you think about this Fantasy line

TriboroughBridge

Please give me your feedback about this.

The new 8 Ave, blue (Z)

Start at Francis Lewis Boulevard & Jamaica Avenue

continues down Jamaica Avenue till 168 St. Curves from Jamaica to 168 to Archer Ave to merge back with the (J).

Two way skip-stop service between Sutphin Blvd & Myrtle Ave (all times except nights) & two way express service between Myrtle & Marcy Avenues, underground (also all times except nights)

Right before Bowery, the (J) & (Z) would diverge from each other & Bowery will be an "express/local" looking station, with both sides open to accommodate the (J) & (Z).

After Bowery, the (Z) would run under Spring Street, till 6 Ave & merge with the on the express track. The (Z) will run express from 14 St (8 Ave) till 59 St Columbus Circle all times.

After 59 Street, it will run east under Central Park & 68 St till 2 Avenue & then merge with the (Q) on the express track of the 2 Ave line (also all times).

The (Q) & (Z) will run till 125 St in Manhattan then 3 Ave-138 St in The Bronx, then before 3 Ave-149 St the (Z) would diverge from the (Q) & (T) & become the IND Castle Hill line.

The (Z) would run up 3 Ave, Boston Road, E 180 St, E Tremont Ave & Castle Hill Ave.

The stops would be like this from after 3 Ave-149 St.

157 St / 3 Avenue

168 St / 3 Avenue

170 St / Boston Road

Crotona Pkwy / E 180 St

E 180 St / Morris Park Ave, transfer to the , & the IRT E 180 St (created by me, of course)

White Plains Road / E Tremont Ave

Westechester Ave / Castle Hill Ave, transfer to the &

Bruckner Boulevard / Castle Hill Ave

Castle Hill-Randall Ave / Castle Hill Ave

Guest lance25

You posted the same idea in the Create a Subway Route thread. If you didn't get a response there, what makes you think you're going to get one here?

Worse idea ever. You can't have more then 2 services use 2 tracks, because it would result in rail traffic nightmare. It would cause a rail traffic jam on the Sixth Avenue Line. Also on the Sixth Avenue Line there are already 4 subway services that already does the job which is the (:P(D)(F)(M). Nothing else is needed.

Worse idea ever. You can't have more then 2 services use 2 tracks, because it would result in rail traffic nightmare. It would cause a rail traffic jam on the Sixth Avenue Line.

The Sixth Avenue Line isnt a good idea. I agree, but i dont think it's the worst idea ever just because of that..

Anyway, i think it would be better going by Eighth Avenue Line. There we have only the (A) running express.

Worse idea ever. You can't have more then 2 services use 2 tracks, because it would result in rail traffic nightmare. It would cause a rail traffic jam on the Sixth Avenue Line. Also on the Sixth Avenue Line there are already 4 subway services that already does the job which is the (:P(D)(F)(M). Nothing else is needed.

Dude, did you even read what I wrote?

The new 8 Ave, blue (Z)

Blue, as in 8 Ave?

After Bowery, the (Z) would run under Spring Street, till 6 Ave & merge with the on the express track. The (Z) will run express from 14 St (8 Ave) till 59 St Columbus Circle all times.

Spring St & Sixth Ave is still the Eighth Ave (A), (C) & (E). I should have wrote "The (Z) would run under Spring St, till 6 Ave & merge with the (A) on the express track."

I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I figured people would know, that Spring St & Sixth Ave, is still the Eighth Ave line & I wrote "from 14 St (8 Ave) till 59 St Columbus Circle"

put it on a map please

What do you mean?

I think it is obvious, but let me spell it out for you:

[1] take your idea

[2] transfer the idea to some sort of map using any technique you choose.

[3] put the map on the thread to be seen

[3a] add any necessary comments/description of the route or service.

thank you.

I think it is obvious, but let me spell it out for you:

[1] take your idea

[2] transfer the idea to some sort of map using any technique you choose.

[3] put the map on the thread to be seen

[3a] add any necessary comments/description of the route or service.

thank you.

How am I suppose to find a map? the map on the MTA website is locked to adobe. If you can show me to where I can find a map I would be more than happy to try my best to describe it.

Please spell it out for me.

Please give me your feedback about this.

The new 8 Ave, blue (Z)

Start at Francis Lewis Boulevard & Jamaica Avenue

continues down Jamaica Avenue till 168 St. Curves from Jamaica to 168 to Archer Ave to merge back with the (J).

Two way skip-stop service between Sutphin Blvd & Myrtle Ave (all times except nights) & two way express service between Myrtle & Marcy Avenues, underground (also all times except nights)

Right before Bowery, the (J) & (Z) would diverge from each other & Bowery will be an "express/local" looking station, with both sides open to accommodate the (J) & (Z).

After 59 Street, it will run east under Central Park & 68 St till 2 Avenue & then merge with the (Q) on the express track of the 2 Ave line (also all times).

The (Q) & (Z) will run till 125 St in Manhattan then 3 Ave-138 St in The Bronx, then before 3 Ave-149 St the (Z) would diverge from the (Q) & (T) & become the IND Castle Hill line.

The (Z) would run up 3 Ave, Boston Road, E 180 St, E Tremont Ave & Castle Hill Ave.

The stops would be like this from after 3 Ave-149 St.

157 St / 3 Avenue

168 St / 3 Avenue

170 St / Boston Road

Crotona Pkwy / E 180 St

E 180 St / Morris Park Ave, transfer to the , & the IRT E 180 St (created by me, of course)

White Plains Road / E Tremont Ave

Westechester Ave / Castle Hill Ave, transfer to the &

Bruckner Boulevard / Castle Hill Ave

Castle Hill-Randall Ave / Castle Hill Ave

No. The line makes a big "U" shape and would be an engineering nightmare (to say the least) and would probably get low ridership except on 8 Avenue and the BMT Jamaica.

(Z) riders would be annoyed because now only the (J) goes to Broad St.

The (J) is now crushloaded, genius.

There is no way in hell that the south bowery (J)(Z) platform can be rehabbed. It is literally a big stinkin piece of crap. Look at the pics here --> link

2nd Avenue DOES NOT need 3 services on it. Also, a better line to send up your "IND Castle Hill Line" would be the (T)

Plus skip-stop service would be screwed over if the (J) and (Z) did not have the same terminal. the (Z) should be extended to Brooklyn first along with the (J) to make up for lost (Mx) trains

So sit in the corner in shame.

No. The line makes a big "U" shape and would be an engineering nightmare (to say the least) and would probably get low ridership except on 8 Avenue and the BMT Jamaica.

(Z) riders would be annoyed because now only the (J) goes to Broad St.

The (J) is now crushloaded, genius.

There is no way in hell that the south bowery (J)(Z) platform can be rehabbed. It is literally a big stinkin piece of crap. Look at the pics here --> link

2nd Avenue DOES NOT need 3 services on it. Also, a better line to send up your "IND Castle Hill Line" would be the (T)

Plus skip-stop service would be screwed over if the (J) and (Z) did not have the same terminal. the (Z) should be extended to Brooklyn first along with the (J) to make up for lost (Mx) trains

So sit in the corner in shame.

All perfect except for your (J)/(Z) idea. It would kill skip stop service on the Jamaica Line, and jam the Fourth Avenue Line.

Thanks, Roadcruiser.

Or, TriboroughBridge, youcan use any other maps that people here have used to show their fantasy lines ( Calgano, Schwandll [urbanRail] etc etc).

Also, you can go through this thread: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f22/make-your-own-base-map-software-provided-15379.html

Just remember if you modify any of CenSin's own work, just give him credit.

All perfect except for your (J)/(Z) idea. It would kill skip stop service on the Jamaica Line, and jam the Fourth Avenue Line.

In never said 4th Av, maybe 3 (J)s and 3 (Z)s can go to the Brighton line. and remember if the J and Z DO go to brooklyn, it is only 12 trains more on the tracks ( six (J)s and six (Z)s)

Archived