Critique of Transportation Planning Conference

BrooklynBus

The (MTA) didn't show up because they knew that ideas would be discussed that they have no answers for. Unless they can control the agenda and limit the amount of speakers the concept is foreign to the agency. You, of all people, should know how the (MTA) operates. They'll speak in platitudes about future plans THEY have but they have to be forced to fix, or even acknowledge, today's issues. Even if you, I, or any other poster, can see a remedy for bus problems today or in the future, if the idea didn't originate from them it won't be considered. It's a shame the (MTA)'s planners inhabit such a closed, insular world. Carry on.

The (MTA) didn't show up because they knew that ideas would be discussed that they have no answers for. Unless they can control the agenda and limit the amount of speakers the concept is foreign to the agency. You, of all people, should know how the (MTA) operates. They'll speak in platitudes about future plans THEY have but they have to be forced to fix, or even acknowledge, today's issues. Even if you, I, or any other poster, can see a remedy for bus problems today or in the future, if the idea didn't originate from them it won't be considered. It's a shame the (MTA)'s planners inhabit such a closed, insular world. Carry on.

Could not say it myself. And the only members of the public the (MTA) will listen to for advice/suggestions are powerful political leaders i.e speaker Shelly Silver and their boses which are current the NYC Mayor and Governor.

Could not say it myself. And the only members of the public the (MTA) will listen to for advice/suggestions are powerful political leaders i.e speaker Shelly Silver and their boses which are current the NYC Mayor and Governor.

So I guess it was a miracle that they listened to me and decided to keep weekday B4 service to Knapp Street for part of the day after I provided them with some numbers showing bus usage.

So I guess it was a miracle that they listened to me and decided to keep weekday B4 service to Knapp Street for part of the day after I provided them with some numbers showing bus usage.

If you prove your point to MTA with numbers they will listen. Numbers that is their language and how you get their attention.

Yes it's a miracle Alan lol. Seriously i mean they listen to the political bigwigs *first* before everyone else.:eek:

Yes it's a miracle Alan lol. Seriously i mean they listen to the political bigwigs *first* before everyone else.:eek:

Even some political bigwigs haven't gotten any results. Brad Lander hasn't even been able to get temporary bus service as a replacement skipping stops in Windsor Terrace for the Culver viaduct work.

Archived