Xmas present from the MTA this weekend?

pjbr40

We all know the in past weekend of any years, we all see tons of GO need to be work on. I saw on the Mta website today and this is the smallest GO ever seen. On the 1 line is about skipping Dyckman Street(reminder notice). The D train is skipping 79 street and 25 ave in brooklyn for mezzanine work. The F, and g train for Culver Viaduct(reminder notice).

We all know the in past weekend of any years, we all see tons of GO need to be work on. I saw on the Mta website today and this is the smallest GO ever seen. On the 1 line is about skipping Dyckman Street(reminder notice). The D train is skipping 79 street and 25 ave in brooklyn for mezzanine work. The F, and g train for Culver Viaduct(reminder notice).

Significant GOs are curtailed during the holiday season to accommodate shoppers/ect. Dont be too worried though, in two weeks the subway will be hell to navigate on the weekends.

They're really really jumping into the deep end Jan 7.

-No (Q) Prospect Pk-57

-(E) via (F) 36-W4

-(3) no service 34 St-New Lots (is this the first time this has happened?)

-(A) to Rockaway Park

-Lex, Broadway, 8 Av, WPR all have one-way express runs

Jan 14 removes the (3) and adds:

-No (L) Broadway-Lorimer

-No (1) south of 34

They're really really jumping into the deep end Jan 7.

-No (Q) Prospect Pk-57

-(E) via (F) 36-W4

-(3) no service 34 St-New Lots (is this the first time this has happened?)

-(A) to Rockaway Park

-Lex, Broadway, 8 Av, WPR all have one-way express runs

Jan 14 removes the (3) and adds:

-No (L) Broadway-Lorimer

-No (1) south of 34

No for the (3) ending at 34th is not new. Even tho I wonder why its being cut..

No for the (3) ending at 34th is not new. Even tho I wonder why its being cut..

I think it has to do with their removing some signal(s) around there which is why I ran into a Slow Speed Order area yesterday in that area.

Hmmm... I just read a G.O. regarding the renewing of switches north of 14th street.

Guest lance25
I think it has to do with their removing some signal(s) around there which is why I ran into a Slow Speed Order area yesterday in that area.

Hmmm... I just read a G.O. regarding the renewing of switches north of 14th street.

Thanks for that. I guess Transit doesn't want all three lines running down the local tracks in that area. The (3) gets truncated the first weekend and the (1) is out the following weekend (presumably due to work around the World Trade Center).

Archived