First day without (N) express service

Harry

Today was my first day using the Broadway lines with the N running local. In the morning the N was on the express tracks. What a relief that was. Unfortunately, in the afternoon it was running local. What a difference that express N train is. The Q took on the N express riders which meant an overcrowded Q line all the way up to Dekalb Avenue station.

At the Pacific Street station there was even more crowding. This service rerouting is also adding 10-15 more minutes to my daily ride to and from work. Tomorrow I'll be a little more prepared. Overall it wasn't that bad. I thought it would be worse. We'll see how tomorrow works out.

This change only affects southbound (N) trains. In better terms, all Brooklyn bound (N)s will run local in Manhattan and Brooklyn and will run via Montague Street tunnel (R line....).

Yeah I know. I was hoping when I got to my home station that it was in fact running express in the morning. Like I said, I was relieved that it was indeed running express.

I forgot to mention that when I caught an (N) at Dekalb it was rerouted back onto the express track from Pacific Street to 36th Street and then to express to 59th Street.

Harry: if you work near the D, you can take the D to 36 and then transfer to the N. If you work near the 2, 3, 4, 5, you can take that to Atlantic and then transfer to the N.

Eastman: They are working on that underpass that the N takes to get to the bypass tracks. I think they are running the N through the tunnel because they don't want the B to merge with the N and the Q, and the N switching to the 4 Avenue local track which would delay B and Q trains

Harry: if you work near the D, you can take the D to 36 and then transfer to the N. If you work near the 2, 3, 4, 5, you can take that to Atlantic and then transfer to the N.

Eastman: They are working on that underpass that the N takes to get to the bypass tracks. I think they are running the N through the tunnel because they don't want the B to merge with the N and the Q, and the N switching to the 4 Avenue local track which would delay B and Q trains

Thanks man but I need the N or Q to get to work. It would leave me exactly one block away from work. I could also take a B or D but it's too far from where I have to go.

Archived